Teaching & Learning Institute
MPACT TEACHING & LEARNING INSTITUTE CONGRATULATES YOU!
Your proposal for the 2013 MPACT Teaching & Learning Institute has been accepted. We are pleased to have you as part of this important inaugural event. Workshop dates and times will be assigned and confirmation sent in late July.
The draft agenda below will provide an overview of the entire Institute. The agenda is still a work in progress so changes are possible. You will be notified throughout the summer, via Edmodo when changes occur. If you are not familiar with EDMODO, it's the "Facebook" for educators. Many school districts use this tool for communication between teachers, parents, and students. This will be our sole means of communication between all our presenters and committee members. I think you will really like navigating through it as it will be a way for you to pose any questions that you have to the larger community of presenters.
So far, the MPACT team has created assignments that require your attention. For example, a materials and supplies order form is listed on EDMODO as well as a request for your t-shirt size. Be very specific about your needs on the materials form. Folders have also been created for you so that you can locate any tools you may need to assist you with your workshop planning. Our team will always be adding things to the folders.
Additionally, during the following week, you will be receiving an email from SCHED Planner. SCHED is an online scheduling tool that we will have our teachers use to build their schedules for MPACT. You will be asked to create a profile, add a picture, etc. Our committee will add sessions times and locations, so don't worry about that part. Institute participants will be able to view your session, profile, and even sign up for your session. This email will come directly from SCHED, so be sure that you check your SPAM as well. If you would like to see what it may look like once we are done building it, take a look at the IPADPalooza website. It's pretty cool. Here's the link: http://ipadpalooza2013.sched.org
Here's a Snapshot of MPACT:
- Our theme is "Impacting Student Achievement Through Engaged, Aligned Classrooms".
- The Institute will feature a keynote speaker and other special entertainment.
- The events will take place at on Tuesday, August 20th for all secondary teachers, and on Wednesday, August 21st for all elementary teachers.
- We will have an Exhibit Hall and a Networking Hour for Teachers.
- To accommodate 500 participants we will have workshop presenters to facilitate a minimum of 20 concurrent sessions, for each of our 50 minute sessions, on both days.
- There is no monetary compensation, but all presenters & co-presenters will receive 10 Continuing Education Units and other surprise perks.
- So far, we have 33 confirmed workshops for high school teachers and 31 confirmed workshops for elementary teachers.
If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact me. Thank you for joining our team in their efforts to make a profound MPACT on the lives of parents, teachers, and students in Manor ISD. Our committee looks forward to working with each of you!
Chairperson of the Teaching & Learning Institute
Tentative Schedule for MPACT
Manor ISD Presenter’s Orientation
Thursday, May 30th
- 3:15 pm – 4:15 pm ~ Elementary & Central Office Presenters
- 4:30 pm – 5:30 pm ~ Secondary & Central Office Presenters
Manor ISD Presenter’s Meeting
Time to be determined later
Tuesday, August 20th & Wednesday, August 21st
- 7:00 – 10:00 am Registration/Information Desk Open/Continental Breakfast
- 8:00 – 10:00 am Opening Convocation Activities/Keynote Speaker
- 10:10 – 11:00 am MPACT Session A
- 11:00 – 11:10 am Break
- 11:10 – 12:00 noon Session B
- 12:00 1:00 pm LUNCH
- 1:00 – 1:10 pm Break
- 1:10 – 2:00 pm MPACT Session C
- 2:00 – 2:10 pm Break
- 2:10 – 3:00 pm MPACT Session D (Closure & Reflection)
- 3:00 – 4:00 pm Networking Power Hour/Exhibitors/Door Prizes
MPACT 2013 Planning/Workshop Committee
Claudia Acevedo, Curriculum & Instruction
Alejandro Gongora, Principal of Oak Meadows Elementary
Christopher Fancher, Instructional Coach at Decker Middle School
Roel Hinojosa, ESL/Bilingual Director
Renee Setser, District Instructional Technologist
Felicia Turner, Curriculum & Instruction