Eagle Empire Newsletter
February 7, 2021 - Course Selection 2021-21
This edition of Eagle Empire Newsletter is dedicated to providing all of 9th-11th grade families information about course selection for 2021/2022. We have so many exciting opportunities for our Eagles to explore!
- I encourage our students to reflect on their recent career matchmaker survey they took during advisory. There might be an interesting CTE pathway for you to explore.
- Sophomores who are interested in the medical field could consider our Medical Pathway.
- Juniors and Seniors who are interested in learning more about criminal justice might find our AOJ English and Social Science classes interesting.
- We are also excited to continue our wonderful performing arts program. There are great opportunities to explore theater, music, and choir. This year we are excited to offer Dance and Color guard to our students.
- Please make sure you complete your 2021/22 online registration.
Class of 2021
Seniors we have not forgotten about you! Here are some important reminders for your post High School plans.
- Fill out your FASFA by March 2nd. Whether you plan to attend a four year university, community college or undecided, your completed FASFA will help open doors for financial aid opportunity.
- Do you want FREE community college?! You may qualify for the Promise Program. Check out our counseling website or the Class of 2021 button below.
Please know, even from a distance, we are here to review our student transcripts and ensure they are on track to meet their post high school goals. Our counselors will be available throughout the month of February to meet with students regarding their course selections.
We look forward to hearing about your future plans and look forward to partnering with you!
With Eagle Pride-
NEW - AP/IB Commitment Form
At Granite Hills, we want to support students as they develop into learners who demonstrate grit and perseverance as they take on academic challenges. AP and IB classes require students to approach their work very seriously and we, as a school, commit to helping them along the way. Please keep in mind, selection of an AP/IB course during Spring course selection, is a commitment to the course. Your ability to move into a College Prep section, or drop the course, may not be possible in the fall.
This year we are requesting students, and parents, opting to take AP/IB course to sign a commitment letter to pledge their understanding of the rigorous course work, the support needed to be successful and challenges of changing out of the course at the start of next school year.
You can review the commitment letter by clicking below or seeing the link on your digital form. Please email your counselor the completed form or bring in a hard copy to the counseling office.
Career Technical Pathways
10th-11th Grade students should start the pathway now!
12th grade students should continue into the 2nd year of their course, upon successful completion of their 1st year.
Check out our CTE Pathways:
- Arts and Media
- Sports Medicine
Join our Performing Arts Program
Join our Guitar, Keyboard or concert band classes! We can help support you with your instrument needs!
Find your sweet singing voice in our Choir program. You could also explore your appreciation for music in our Intro to Music course (non A-G credit).
Prepare for your Oscar speech in our theater program. Even during the pandemic our students were able to organize virtual productions and produce their own shows.
Dance- NEW THIS YEAR
Feel the rhythm in our new Dance course! You'll learn the skills needed to join a performance dance troop.