March 1, 2018
Roosevelt Weekly Parent Info
Hello to all Roosevelt Raccoons! Can you believe it's March? I can't! Where has the year gone? Here are a few reminders for the week:
• A few dates to keep in mind: Our next Late Start is Tuesday, March 13. There is no school on March 16, as this is a work day for teachers to prepare for conferences. Conferences are fast-approaching--March 20, 22 and 26. The link to sign-up for spring conferences will come out TOMORROW so be looking for that. The next PTO meeting is at 5:30 on March 20.
• Just a friendly reminder that at Roosevelt we collect: Kwik Trip Milk Caps, Hy-Vee receipts, and Box Tops for Education. The Roosevelt PTO recently took this project on and proceeds will go to the PTO and ultimately to students. Thank you!
• Yearbooks are on sale! Here is the link you can use to order your child's yearbook. The Roosevelt code is: 3686718. As a reminder, 5th graders receive a FREE yearbook, a $12 value courtesy of the Roosevelt PTO. If 5th graders would like to add personalization or other upgrades, parents will have to add these items and pay for these additional costs using the paper order form and not the online option! If you have a 5th grader and do NOT want any extras, do nothing! Isn't that nice??
• Mark Your Calendar: The Roosevelt Music Concert is Thursday, March 15. K-2 will perform twice--once at 8:30 and again at 12:15. Students in grades 3-5 will also perform twice--once at 10:00 and again at 1:30. The PTO sponsors coffee and treats in between the two morning performances (about 9:30) and again in between the two afternoon performances (about 1:00). Please join other Roosevelt parents in the Media Center for this social time.
• FYI: Accessibility Toolbar for this newsletter: The accessibility toolbar features buttons to change the font size, contrast of the page, and language. It is important for everyone to know that this toolbar is available is at the bottom of this newsletter. Check it out!!!
As always, thank you for supporting our work!
Art Collaboration with West High School
Roosevelt 4th grade students are partnering with high school art students to make a collaborative ceramic project. They went back for their second visit this week. The final product will be showcased for all to see at our March celebration. We are excited to be creative together!
Second Graders Lead the School Song
Students from Mrs. Carroll help to lead us in the Roosevelt School Song each celebration day. Thanks for being leaders, 2nd graders!
Here's a picture of the beautiful barrel, made by our very own Mr. Jensen, that we use to draw for many fabulous prizes at our monthly celebrations. Keep reading and returning those bookmarks, Roosevelt Raccoons!