NTH@C Friday Notes
February 5, 2016
Annual Snacker Challenge
Community Service Hours
La Historia de Arte at the Slant Gallery in Dallas on February 20th
You are all invited to support our Spanish 3 learners. They are collaborating with Coppell High School learners to create artwork that will be exhibited at the Slant Gallery in Dallas for a Midtown Art Walk on Saturday, Feb. 20. The high school reception will be from 7-9 pm. The theme is Lost in Translation and the learner project is called La Historia de Arte. It should be fantastico!
Next Senior Capstone Meeting
Chipotle for dinner on March 5th
Mark your calendars:
There will be a North Lake Informational meeting on March 22nd at 6:30pm in the New Tech Cafe. On April 19th, all Juniors will be administered the ACT on campus.
Please remind your child to check their email daily. There is a lot of important information and deadlines being sent to them via their school Gmail account.
Rising Sophomore course registration needs to be completed by Monday, February 8th at 1:00pm. Your learner will need to use their personal school Gmail account to complete the google form. The information in the google form provides your learner and Mrs. Cole with an idea of what courses they will like to take. All schedule changes will need to be completed by June 3rd.
Mrs. Cole will have individual meetings with each rising Sophomore during Scientific Analysis. During these individual meetings, your learner will have a chance to discuss their course registration for next year, graduation requirements, and future educational plans.
Rising Juniors and Rising Seniors:
Rising Juniors and rising Seniors should have already submitted their course registration through the google doc that was sent to them by Mrs. Cole. If your learner has not completed their course registration google form, they need to do so as soon as possible using their school Gmail account. The information in the google form provides your learner and Mrs. Cole with an idea of what courses they will like to take. They can make changes to their schedules until June 3rd.
Rising Juniors and rising Seniors also need to sign up for a 20 minute individual meeting with Mrs. Cole by 1:00pm on February 9th. Mrs. Cole sent an email with a SignUp Genius link to pick a time and date in which they can meet to discuss their course registration for next year, graduation requirements, and future educational plans.
Learners will need to bring their laptops and questions for this meeting. It is the learner's responsibility to remember their meeting date and time. If they are more than 5 minutes late, their meeting will be cancelled and they will need to reschedule. Rising Senior Meetings are scheduled from February 16th to February 26th. Rising Junior meetings are scheduled from February 29th to March 10th.
Your learner has been accepted to college — Now What? This is an interesting article on what your child can do after being accepted into college.
Upcoming Campus Events
- February 8 - 3rd Informational Meeting for incoming rookie learners at 6:30 pm
- February 10 - 4th Informational Meeting for incoming rookie learners at 6:30 pm
- February 12 - Deadline for legacy learners to commit for the the 2016- 2017 year
- February 12- Blood drive
- February 12 - Renaissance lunch
- February 12 - Deadline for Legacy Learners
- February 16 - 5th Informational Meeting for incoming rookie learners at 6:30 pm
- February 17 - Snacker Challenge
- February 18 - Informational Meeting for incoming rookie learners at 6:30 pm
- February 26 - End of 6 weeks
- March 2 - Chipotle Day from 5 - 9 pm
- March 9 - All applications due by 4pm for incoming rookies
- March 11- Campus lottery
- March 22 - Dual Credit Parent Meeting 6:30
- March 25 - Bad Weather Day
- March 28 - Commitment letters due for all NEW NTH@C learners