stay updated with nakhe!
The academic year is wrapping up and it's the SUMMER time!
Congratulations to all scholars for successfully completing the 2020-2021 academic year! It was, for sure, one of the most challenging years for all of us, but we made it! Now, are you ready for more professional development opportunities? Scholarly work? NAKHE has them all. Let’s dive in!
2021 Leadership Development Workshop "Leading for Equity"
12 pm - 5 pm EST via Zoom
Click HERE to register for the event!
"The NAKHE Leader Development Workshop (LDW) aims to develop leaders of all ages, ranks, and titles by bringing together emerging and experienced leaders to participate in varied learning experiences and engage in insightful discussions on contemporary leadership issues in the field.This year, the NAKHE Leader Development Workshop theme will be “Leading for Equity.” Participants will engage in a series of activities and discussions to support the development of personal and institutional understandings of barriers to and opportunities for equity."
Message from 2021 LDW Co-Director, Dr. Martha James
Save the dates for NAKHE 2022 Conference! *** January 5-8, 2022 ***
The 2022 conference theme is Embracing the Future: Navigating a Hybrid World.
The 2022 conference strands are:
- Meeting the Needs of Today’s Students: In this strand, presentations will focus on how faculty can effectively engage a new generation of students in course work using multiple modalities.
- Advocating Via Virtual Formats: In this strand, presentations will focus on advocacy practices for funds and FaceTime with various stakeholders necessary to keep our programs and our institutions moving forward.
- Leading During Trying Times: In this strand, presentations will focus on best practices for leaders when times get tough.
- Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion: In this strand, presentations will focus on transforming our institutional practices (hiring, civility, mentoring, promotion and tenure) to be more diverse, equitable, and inclusive.
- Instructional Physical Activity Programs: In this strand, presentations will have a specific focus on instructional physical activity programs. Presentations tied to the conference theme are preferred, but all proposals about instructional physical activity programs will be considered.
- Coaching: In this strand, presentations will have a specific focus on coaching education in higher education. Presentations tied to conference themes are preferred, but all proposals about coaching education will be considered.
- Open Sessions: In this strand, work that may not fit the conference theme but aligns with NAKHE’s mission statement or strategic plan will be presented.
Click HERE for more information.