WUSD Summer School Sentinel
Vol 1; No. 5: April 7, 2021
Summer School 2021
From the Desks of O'Shaughnessy & Meneses
It's here! Summer School 2021 registration starts next Monday, April 12! A couple of reminders:
1. If you need access to technology or other assistance with registration: Staff will be available at the HS Main office on Monday, April 12 from 4-7 by appointment. Please sign up on this google form: https://docs.google.com/.../12gT33iW7y8wo7e.../edit
2. When selecting courses please use your child's grade level for NEXT year...2021-2022.
3. When selecting courses, please be sure to complete all spaces available for REQUESTED CLASSES and alternates. This will ensure your student's schedule gets filled up.
4. Registration has a hard deadline on April 30. We need to have finalized numbers as staffing and budget rely on final enrollments in each class.
5. If you have special schedule requests, please contact Nathan O'Shaughnessy or Alicia Meneses.
6. If you need assistance with the Infinite Campus parent portal, please contact Alicia Meneses or your building secretary.
7. We are excited to work with you and your families this summer!
8. Infinite Campus Instructions: https://www.wwusd.org/page/2938
Summer School Health & Safety Protocols
Face Coverings/Masks required.
Sanitization & Disinfection
No outside visitors allowed in building...only students and staff.
For school-related business or child pick-up, parents/guardians may ring buzzer for entry into main office area . Face coverings will be required upon entry.
Building will not open until 7:45am.
Breakfast and lunch available as grab-and-go.
Seating will still be available for students who need to eat lunch at school.
No outside adults will be allowed in for lunch; students and staff only.
Class sizes will be capped to help ensure social distancing.
Sanitizer available in all classrooms. Staff and students will sanitize between classes.
Modifications to traditional curriculum and activities will be in place in order to limit person-to-person contact: especially in the areas of art, science, physical education, and music/drama.
We will hire locker room attendants to help swim students socially distance and to sanitize locker rooms.
Food Service News
After 4th period is done, students may proceed to the cafeteria to pick up lunch. They may eat their lunch in the cafeteria or they may take their lunch home right away. We will be unable to allow parents, family, and community members into the building to join us in the cafeteria.
Summer School Daily Schedule
Due to the extension of a food service waiver, we are allowed to serve take-and-go lunches for our students. This means that we do not have to require students to eat lunch at the school. Because of this, we are able to return to our "normal" summer school schedule!!!! We will still offer 1 lunch period for those students who are here in the afternoons and for those that need a place to eat. Unfortunately, we still cannot allow our family and community friends to come into the building to eat.
The schedule is posted below:
8:00-8:55 Period 1
9:00-9:55 Period 2
10:00-10:55 Period 3
11:00-11:55 Period 4
8:00-11:00 Period 1
11:30-2:30 Period 2
Infinite Campus Registration Instructions
1. It will be important to fill up the class requests in order to allow your student to have a full schedule. The system will allow you to choose 8 "units" of classes as your first choices. Because sections of classes have a cap on the number of students, it will be beneficial to fill up with as many choices as possible...use all 8!
2. The system will also allow you to choose "Alternate Classes". It will be beneficial to select at least 2 "units" of alternate classes as well.
3. You will see that each course has a specified grade level range. Please use your child's grade that they will be in NEXT YEAR: Fall, 2021.
4. We will have the High School LMC open on MONDAY, APRIL 12 from 4pm-7pm for families that need assistance with registration and who need access to technology. This will be by appointment to ensure social distancing. Please complete the following sign-up if you are interested in coming into the High School on April 12. (See link below)
Class Spotlight: Swim Lessons
For safety and health reasons, we have capped the number of students in each section. We will also have locker room attendants who will be responsible for ensuring social distance in the locker rooms, and for cleaning and disinfecting between classes.