February 20, 2019
Jennifer Kolb- Campus Principal: firstname.lastname@example.org
Sofieh Hopovac- Dean of Academics: email@example.com
Timothy Clark- Dean of Students: firstname.lastname@example.org
Heather Gregory- Engagement Coordinator: email@example.com
Asha Bell- Testing Coordinator: firstname.lastname@example.org
Kyla McDade- Special Education Coordinator: email@example.com
Tamara Yarborough- ESL Coordinator: firstname.lastname@example.orgMilada Kazazic- GATE Coordinator & Teacher: email@example.com
Kim Chinchilla- Operations Manager: firstname.lastname@example.org
Paula Gonzalez - Attendance Clerk: email@example.com
Parents and Guardians:
We need your help to service you better, please take our 2018-2019 Parent Survey. Simple and sweet, just click the link!
Storybook Club is new to HSA Garland
Mock STAAR Practice Testing Feb. 20 -22 (the campus will be closed to ALL visitors)
Parents, please use these links for more information and to help prepare your student for the upcoming testing dates.
Upcoming Events for February and March
Feb. 20 - 22 - Mock STAAR Practice (campus will be closed to ALL visitors)
Feb. 21 - Chick fila Spirit Night 5-8
Feb. 23 - Science Fair (4th-6th grade) - see flyer below
March 1 - Deadline to sign up for Talent Show auditions
March 4-8 - Read Across America
March 5 - group class pictures (wear uniform)
March 7 - PTO Meeting
March 8 - Talent Show Auditions
March 22 - Harmony's Got Talent Show
March 22 - Deadline to submit art for the Harmony Art Competition
March 26 - Kindergarten Graduation Pictures
March 28 - 3rd Quarter Awards Assembly
March 28 - Kelly Green Spirit Company (after school interest meeting)
WE NEED VOLUNTEERS
- Register today https://harmony.voly.org and check out the many available opportunities.
- We are needing volunteers for: lunch room duty, morning traffic duty, gardening club, robotics club, computer lab helpers, Book Fair workers, Friday concession workers
- email firstname.lastname@example.org with questions
Dress Code Reminders
1. Uniform shirts should be worn at all times. They must be tucked in. A long sleeve shirt that is plain black, blue, red, or white may be worn as an under shirt.
2. Navy blue, black , or khaki pants NO JOGGERS
3. Neutral colored belt (black, brown, navy, tan)
4. Shoes: sneakers or dark colored lace up shoes or loafers NO BOOTS
5. Harmony fleece jackets ( can be ordered in the front office until Oct. 19) or plain colored cardigans (white, navy, or red) ONLY can be worn in the classroom
**LIGHT JACKETS MAY BE WORN UNTIL THE FLEECE JACKETS COME IN - NO HOODS AND THEY MUST ZIP OR BUTTON IN THE FRONT
6. Spirit dress on Friday ONLY(jeans can only be worn with a spirit shirt OR college t-shirt).
Traffic Reminders and Updates
- Parents this is a friendly reminder to follow the traffic pattern and complete the circle around the high school. We understand that the lines are long but this is for the safety of all our students. Your patience is greatly appreciated.
- If you are interested in volunteering for drop off or pick up duty, please email email@example.com.
- The doors do not open until 7:20 am. (please be aware that students are not being monitored if you drop them off before this time)
- At 4:15 students are moved to the front for late dismissal; please drive around to the front to pick them up.
- STARTING MONDAY OCT. 1ST STUDENTS WHO ARE NOT PICKED UP BY 5 PM WILL BE PLACED OUTSIDE THE BACK DOOR TO WAIT UNDER THE AWNING.
- If you need to make arrangements for your child to stay later, Zenith Learning After School Program is available. Call 713-988-9600 or go to www.zenithlearning.org to register your child.
Parents: PLEASE TAKE A LOOK
- Our lost and found is overflowing. Please stop by the school or have your student check for any missing items.
- Some of the items include: lunch bags, water bottles, jackets, and instruments.
- THESE ITEMS WILL BE DONATED AT THE END OF THE MONTH IF THEY ARE NOT CLAIMED.
- link for Skyward How To Guide for Progress Report Access
- link for Skyward Account Alert Settings
Page 11 Section M in the Student Handbook
- Parents, guardians and/or designee may bring in any food product that is store or restaurant bought (prepackaged or in a sealed container). Food cannot be “home-made”.
- The principal or other school designee shall have discretion on when to allow the consumption of the food products within the school day.
- Teachers are required to notify all parents prior to the approved celebration date in case of dietary restrictions.
- The food products cannot be consumed or provided to students before meal periods, during meal periods, or in areas where reimbursable meals are served and/or consumed.
-Parents, guardians or designee must notify the school administration in writing 5 school days in advance if they would like to bring in any food product for their child’s birthday celebration.