News From Nighthawk Nation
Elevating Excellence in Academics, Character & Community
Week of 8/30/21
Driveline and Larimer County Building
We were contacted by the Larimer County Building as a a result of the number of NVCS parents parking in their lot during driveline. Their clients are not able to find parking spaces and as a result are arriving late to their appointments and have expressed frustrations. We are asking all families K-3 and 4-8 to refrain from parking in the Larimer County Parking Lot. We have let them know that we will do as much as we can, however if the situation does not improve they will begin ticketing anyone who is not accessing resources within their building.
Parents, we are offering our "Overflow Lot" the dirt lot at the very back of our parking lot at the 4-8 Campus as an alternative for those of you who would like to walk to either building. Please be in the lot no later than 3:15 PM to take advantage of the NVCS Overflow Lot. Our goal is to be good neighbors and right now we have neighbors who are very frustrated by the negative impact we are having on their business. We appreciate you using the appropriate protocols for for driveline throughout the school year.
Thank you for helping us be good neighbors,
NVCS Admin Team
Frequently Asked Questions by parent community regarding NVCS COVID-19 Protocols.
Covid 19 Dashboard - Last 7 Days
If you have not yet paid student fees, please do so ASAP. You can pay them at each campus.
K-3 Campus Beginning of the Year Tools
Please be kind to our driveline team. They are working so hard to keep your child safe.
Some things that we have witnessed this week that we need to remind you about.
1. You may not park in the parking lot during pick up or drop off. This slows down the driveline and becomes a safety issue. You most certainly may walk your child from off-campus.
2. Do not send people from the car to the west doors to pick up students, again this is a safety issue.
3. If you turn left into driveline in the afternoon your number will not be put in and you will have to pull over and park.
4. Please remind your child if they are walking to be very vigilant and focused while walking. We ask that they only cross with a crosswalk.
5. Please be good neighbors and do not block subdivision entrances, park in the subdivisions, or park in the parking lot at the apartments across the street.
Thank you for your continued support. We love your children as our own and want to make sure they get home to you safely.
4-8 Campus Beginning of the Year Tools
Monthly School Board Meeting - 8/30/2021 - 6:00 P.M. - NVCS 4-8 Campus
Important Dates to Remember
September 7, 2021 - No School - Teacher Professional Development