We have had a few bumps (technology, expectations, etc.) as we return to remote learning, but things seem to be going well now. The teachers have sent out reminders of expectations for the kids and we are doing verbal and in-person reminders, as well. It is important that the kids understand they are still "in school", whether they are: at home on remote instruction, in small group cohorts at school, or in a full class setting. This means that they should be dressed for school, sitting at a desk, have camera on (if on Zoom) and participating fully in class. We have made great gains with student learning since school began in September and do not want to see the kids lose any of these gains. Onward and upward!! So, please help support the learning at home and we will do our absolute best to keep things on a forward trajectory here at school. Fortunately, the kids are all pretty resilient and tend to go with the flow better than most of us adults. :)
A Few Reminders:
- Don't forget that the wreath and poinsettia sale ends Sunday, Nov. 1st.
- Did you see your child's progress report and MAP analysis (for grades 2 - 8) last week? They went home on Thursday, 10/22. If you did not see them, please check their back pack or email the teacher for a replacement copy. It is important that you know where they are at in the middle of the 1st trimester.
- Have you donated to the Annual Fund? If not, it is easy. You can do a one-time payment or make a monthly pledge. Here is the link: https://secure.lglforms.com/form_engine/s/o5kPfZnwU-9YPZxE8gatew
Thank you to all our amazing parents who are reworking their worlds to support their children and the Catholic education here at HRBA. We appreciate you and know it is not easy, especially during COVID and remote learning. So, thank you!!
Have a wonderful week,
Scenes from the Week
- New remote/hybrid schedule and cohorts until further notice.
- Friday, Oct. 30th - Pajama Day for Pre-K and K
- Sunday, Nov. 1st - All Saints Day, Dia de los Muertos begins
- Monday, Nov. 2nd - All Souls Day - Mass will be held at 3:15 pm in the church (all are welcome!)
- Tuesday, Nov. 3rd - Election Day...Make Your Vote Count!
Annual Fund Officially Begins!
Our Annual Fund Appeal has officially begun. This is our first major fundraiser of the year. The goal for this fund is $76,500. Your gift towards this fund provides a quality educational program for your student(s), new curriculum and materials, staff training, financial aid, and many other initiatives. There is a minimum donation of $25 for each family. If a donation is not made by November 15, 2020 a $50 charge will be billed out.
You can choose to make a one time donation or you can pledge a monthly amount. Consider giving $25 a month for ten months which provides a total donation of $250. All donations are tax deductible. Donations can easily be made online by visiting the following link: https://secure.lglforms.com/form_engine/s/o5kPfZnwU-9YPZxE8gatew
Thank you to the staff and families that have already donated!
Wreath and Poinsettia Sale
We are offering a fun way to knock out those fall fundraising dollars. Normally, we sell chocolates as our fall fundraiser, but this was obviously not possible due to COVID-19, as we did not want people selling these small dollar items in the community. This sale is a bit different. It is a wreath and poinsettia sale and the dollar value is higher, so we figure that people may be able to sell it to just family and friends (and via social media) without the risk of getting sick. As always, if you do not want to sell items, you are welcome to fulfill the contract requirement by just paying the $100. This can be done through Ms. Kelly at email@example.com.
If, however, you would like to try to sell some of these fabulous items, we encourage you to take part in this sale through Windmill Gardens. We will knock off $1 (of commitment) for each dollar sold through the sale. So, if you sell $50 worth of product, then you will only have to pay $50 to the school. If you sell $100 of product, you are all done with your fall fundraising commitment! This is true, even though we obviously do not get 100% of the profits. So, why not give it a try? There are beautiful poinsettias, swags, wreaths, and even Windmill Gardens gift cards. The sale is brief, though, and all sales must be completed by Nov. 1st!! So, there is not much time. Here is the info, though, if you want to be a part of this "fun"draiser!! Questions: Contact Ms. Nina at firstname.lastname@example.org
Instructions if you would like to participate in this online fundraiser:How to register as a “Champ” for your fundraiser:
IF YOU’RE A NEW CHAMP…
On a computer:
1. Go to http://farmraiser.com/champions/new and use the campaign code to access our FarmRaiser. Campaign Code: 227649
2. Once you are registered through either phone or web, you can log in to your online market by going to farmraiser.com and clicking the orange “Login” button in the top right corner.
On your phone:
Download the FarmRaiser app from iTunes or Google Play, open, and either sign in through Facebook or hit Register at the bottom of the screen. Enter your information to complete registration.
Once logged in, click the “Sell” tab on the bottom of the screen and enter your campaign code. You’ll see a message that you’ve been approved. You’re now ready to start selling with the mobile app!.