"Sugar , Sweet !"
( Angelina Mahan )
Where is sugar ?
Many of you may think sugar is only in fatty foods, but it's not. Sugar is in many foods that may seem healthy like Grape juice .Though Grape juice may seem healthy the truth is it really carries about 35 grams of sugar in every cup. Many may think choosing healthier foods like Fruit is a better choice but it may not be. Fruits such as a banana can carry around 9 grams of sugar. Surprisingly 1 doughnut can carry only around 8 grams of sugar. Even though a doughnut may seem healthier than Grape juice or a banana it still isn't a healthy choice. Many Americans travel to fast food restaurants at least once a day . If one person was to order a medium cola from a fast food restaurant they would be consuming around 44 grams of sugar a day and for a large cola they would be consuming around 65 grams of sugar a day. Not to mention refills. Now if a person were to consume around 2 cans of cola a day they would devour around 33 grams of sugar per can. For many Americans it may not be a bad idea to try and replace cola with Iced Tea , Fresh Juice , Iced Coffee ,Seltzer Juice , and Infused Water. Even though these things have sugar in them they have less sugar and have more natural ingredients.
Some drinks you may want to look out for !
- Seven Eleven 44 oz super gulp ( 128 grams of sugar )
- 34 oz bottle of coca-cola ( 108 grams of sugar )
- 34 oz bottle of mountain dew ( 125 grams of sugar )
- 20 oz bottle of Minute Made lemonade ( 67 grams of sugar )
- 16 oz bottle of orange juice ( 48 grams of sugar )
- 24 oz can of arizona lemon iced tea ( 72 grams of sugar )
- 16 oz bottle of apple juice ( 52 grams of sugar )
- 6.75 oz capri sun pouch ( 18 grams of sugar
- 16 oz nesquik chocolate milk ( 58 grams of sugar )
- 16 oz bottle of snapple ( 46 grams of sugar )
- 20 oz bottle of vitamin water ( 33 grams of sugar )