Letter From the Principal
Dear Parents and Guardians,
Happy New Year! I hope everyone enjoyed their Winter Break and time with family and friends.
Nobel Learning Communities will be sending their annual parent survey this week. You will receive a letter announcing the PAR survey that will be starting the first full week in January.
Registration for the upcoming school year will begin this month. I encourage you to register your child for the next school year as soon as possible. Also, it is not too early to begin thinking about Summer Camp. Camp includes five days of activities, from 9:00 am – 3:00 pm. You can choose to add extended hours and specialty camps to your menu of summer fun. We offer a range of outdoor activities, plus indoor activities. Our camps are optional, operating during regular camp hours, which provide even more choices for unique and exciting adventures.
Report cards in the elementary school will be distributed on Thursday and Friday, January 14 and 15. I thought this was the perfect time to restate the level of commitment from our staff. The staff at Camelback Desert School is committed to partnering with you to educate your child. In study after study, researchers discovered how important it is to be actively involved in their child’s education. Families make critical contributions to student achievement from preschool through high school. When parents and children talk on a regular basis, children perform better academically. Home environments that encourage learning is very beneficial and an important achievement.
As always, I thank you for being part of our Camelback Desert family.
Thank you for your continued support!
Mrs. Linda Horner, M.Ed.
Dates to Remember
January 11 Parent Organization Meeting
January 14 &15 Elementary- Parent/Teacher Conference - Early Dismissal
January 18 No School - Martin Luther King Jr. Day
January 21 Kindergarten Round-up and Open House
January 22 Family Movie Night
Camelback Desert School Elementary Scripps Spelling Bee Participants and Finalists
A Note from our Specialty Teachers
January Specialists Newsletter
- Students will be exploring the art of the "scape." They will use a variety of mediums and techniques to create works of art depicting scenery representing landscapes, cityscapes, seascapes etc.
- Music, the students will continue to explore different musical concepts and important academic vocabulary. They will be introduced new instruments and learn how to play fun songs.
- PE class, students will learn about the elements of ultimate football while practicing teamwork and sportsmanship.
- Spanish class, preschool will learn the colors while elementary students will learn about the seasons, weather, and how to use question words.
- Technology class, students will explore different ways to present information, main ideas, and summaries by using Microsoft Power Point.