Ryan 216 Library Media Center
September 2015 Newsletter
Welcome back, Ryan Staff! The Library Media Center is always open for staff to utilize on prep and professional periods. Here are some guidelines to ensure the space is used fairly and efficiently:
- If a class is in session, please be quiet and courteous.
- If you need to let me know about a computer or printer issue, leave a note on my desk.
- Make sure you LOG OUT of everything. I highly suggest you open an incognito window when using your google account.
- When using the printer, please do not print whole class sets or more than 20 pages. Use the copy machine to print multiple copies of the same file.
Library Access 24/7
We also have a brand new library website! This was easily created (you can do it too!) by using Google Sites. It's a great way to bring your classroom into the digital world. Teachers can use the Library website to:
- Sign up to collaborate with Ms. Stewart and bring your class to the LMC
- Access the Library Catalog to checkout print and eBooks
- Access any of the 18 Databases we have access to for FREE
- Browse suggested websites for each content area
- Add to our Library Wish List
PD to follow on how to use all of the fabulous digital resources!
Our school has opted to participate in the awesome MyLibraryNYC program this year. ALL teachers will receive MyLibraryNYC cards that will provide them with a few perks to make teaching and learning more interesting for you and your students. These perks include:
- Access to Queens Library online databases and resources
- MyLibraryNYC card can be linked to NYPL & BPL at a local branch for access to even more resources!
- Extended borrowing time!
- No late fines for books or audiobooks returned after the due date (Books considered lost if not renewed; fees may incur)
- Free school delivery of NYPL Teacher Sets
- Read down your fines in school! (Great for students who don't use the public library because of the fines they have incurred)
- Up to 100 checkouts for each teacher
- Access to class sets of books
PD will be provided on how to utilize these excellent resources!