- Quality and intensity of emotional reactions.
- 3 types of Temperament
- Passivity-actively involved with surroundings
- Irritability-different attitudes for each baby
- Activity Patterns- different baby, different schedules
- Strong emotional connection that develops between people.
- Several early attachment behaviors
- Separation anxiety is another attachment
Birth to Three Months
- Do not have refined emotions.
- Distress is shown by crying.
- No tears when child cried
Three to Six Month
- Respond to people with smiles and laughter.
- Happy sounds when playing, held, and fed.
- Different crys for different things
Six to Twelve Months
- Actively involved with their caregivers
- Express happiness, joy, and surprise
- Most difficult for parent
- Separation Anxiety starts to show
Twelve to Twenty-Four Months
- Show separation anxiety
- Show anxiety
- Think of future