Parkway Principal's Corner
August 20, 2019
Welcome Back to The Greatest School on Earth!
Parents and Students,
Thank you all for a wonderful start to the 2019-20 school year! The first week of school was amazing! We have enjoyed having our students back with us and are excited about the year ahead. Here are a few reminders to help keep our year running smoothly and a couple of important dates for your calendars:
- August 30 - Spirit Day & Early Dismissal! The 45th Annual Salt Bowl is coming up in just two weeks on Friday, August 30 at 7:30pm. With the game taking place on Friday this year, ALL SCHOOLS IN THE DISTRICT WILL DISMISS EARLY. Parkway will dismiss at 1:45. We will also show our spirit for our Hornets on this day by wearing our Bryant Blue! Go Hornets!
- August 30 - All RSVP forms for Grandparents Day are due.
- September 2 - School Closed in observance of Labor Day.
- Beginning Tuesday, September 3, we will allow parents to begin visiting for lunch! All parents/visitors will be required to check in through the office to obtain a visitor's pass. Please remember, when visiting the school you must present your ID in the front office.
- September 13 - Grandparents Day! More information will be sent home with students this week!
- Beginning this week, all students will be expected to walk in the building independently in the mornings. We ask parents to remain in cars and pull through our designated carlines. We have staff on duty in the carlines, hallways, cafeteria, and gym to help students get to the appropriate location before school.
Parents, we need your help. Our office is very busy in the afternoons. Please help us by calling in all transportation changes before 1:30 pm. This is a district policy for the safety of our children. We do not want to miss a change and send one of our kiddos home incorrectly.
Just a reminder, students are not allowed to use cell phones and other communication devices at school. Please note our policy states that if brought to school, communication devices must be turned off, and secured in the student’s backpack until the end of the school day. This does include Apple Watches, ipods, etc. Please remember to check out our elementary handbook for a complete list of policies. Here is the link to the handbook:
Again, I want to thank everyone for such a wonderful start to the school year! We are very fortunate to have such a terrific school family! Thank you so much for your continued support and allowing us the opportunity to work with your child/children. As always, if you have any questions or need anything, do not hesitate to contact us.
PES Wins Archery Grant!
We are excited to bring this program to PES. Archery is a great way to sharpen skills, build self-esteem and create a stronger atmosphere for success in the classroom.
We will begin working on our program in the very near future! More information to come!
PES Bell Schedule
- 7:15 - Doors open at PES (Please note students may not be dropped off prior to this time. We do not have personnel on duty to supervise students until 7:15). Breakfast will be served between 7:15 & 7:45 am. Any student wishing to eat breakfast in the cafeteria must do so during those times. Breakfast will close at 7:45.
- 7:50 - 1st Bell
- 7:55 - Tardy Bell
- 3:15 - Dismissal
Peanut Butter Drive
Check out the link for more info: https://bryantschools.org/blog/2018/08/03/salt-bowl-peanut-butter-drive/
Also, check out our website at https://bryantschools.org/pes/
Messages will be shared on all of these platforms, as well as through our Blackboard Communication System.