The Frasier News
A Letter From Your Teacher
I hope that this new month and new year finds each of you happy, healthy, and ready for an amazing second semester of 6th grade! The next few months will fly by so make sure to cherish each moment and milestone as they occur!
At this time of year, I find myself reflecting on the many blessings in my life. I can certainly say that my relationship with you and your children is at the top of my list! Whenever anyone asks me about my students, I cheerfully respond that I have the best students EVER! So, thank you for raising such amazing, inquisitive, and respectful young men and women!
Warmest wishes for a wonderful new year!
Winter Assessment Day:
An Amazing Winter Party!
South American Projects! A---MA---ZING!
A Day of Code! Thank you to our wonderful parent volunteers!
The Mysterious Disappearance of Percy Fawcett!
- Jan 6 - Jump Rope 4 Heart Kick-Off
- Jan 8 - PTO Meeting (7:45)
- Jan 8 - Winter Assessment Day (normal schedule)
- Jan 8 - MRMS Band and Orchestra Presentation
- Jan 11 - CITA Auditions (3:45)
- Jan 12 - CITA Auditions (3:45)
- Jan 13 - CITA Auditions (3:45)
- Jan 15 - No School (Teacher Inservice Day)
- Jan 18 - No School (MLK Day)
- Jan 20 - Spelling Bee!
- Jan 25 - SAC Mtg. (7:30)
- Jan 26 - 6th Grade Vision and Hearing Screening
In the Classroom:
- Winter DRA's are being completed this week.
- New novel groups will begin next week! I will be using parent volunteers to help facilitate these groups.
- Persuasive Writing - students will learn all about persuasive writing techniques. They will then choose a "passion topic" to research.
- Persuasive speeches and presentations
- Chapter 6 (Introduction to Algebra)
- Powers and Exponents
- Numerical Expressions
- Variables and Expressions
- Writing Algebraic Expressions
- Equivalent Expression
Social Studies: Geography, Civics, Government, and History
- All About Canada - with Ms. Coll
- Central America - (with Mrs. Frasier)
- Spanish with Mrs. Beebe