MIDDLE SCHOOL REGISTRATION
2015-2016 RISING 6TH GRADERS
March 7 – letter to parents – it will reference the website to review electives
March 7 – 14 – parents able to review electives online via WCPSS website
March 21 – Academic registration cards (green sheets) in school
March 21 – April 22 – students make selective selections on PowerSchool
March 21 – April 22 – teachers complete academic registration cards
By April 22 – elective course verification sheet can be printed, reviewed by parents, signed and returned to school
May 2 – 9 – Elementary schools will send information to middle schools
CHANGES THIS YEAR
- Enrollment period : March 21 - April 22, 2016
- This will need to be done with either the principal, data manager, teacher, and/or school counselor.
- A verification of electives will be printed and sent with Green Sheets to Middle School
SAME AS LAST YEAR
>> Send home to parents to sign the suggestions
PowerSchool for Students
- I will need their usernames and passwords from Data Manager/Teacher
- My plan is to have them log into their PowerSchool Account in the beginning of March during classroom guidance lesson to teach them how to do this and make the process easier when it comes time to register
**February 16, 2016 the Middle School Assignment will show up on student PowerSchool**
- Once we know the school assignment-- Middle School Counselors will provide a list of electives available for 6th grade students
Middle School Elective Registration Night
- Maybe having an event for doing this due to the lack of resources at home for the students.
>> We can review with the parents & students of options for electives available for 6th grade. <<
>> OPTIONS: we can do one for each school<<
MIDDLE SCHOOL TRANSITION
CARROLL MIDDLE SCHOOL
>> We need to come up with a time that works best for us! <<
**I have requested that she bring students who have graduated from Green Elementary to really talk about the changes that the students go through **
Where do we go from here?
>> Is there a night that we have open that we could plan a registration night?
>> When is a good time for Carroll's Counselor & Students to come?
>> How can we best prepare students for this transition?
>> Create a Middle School Timeline Plan?