News and Updates from Mrs. Adelman - April 29, 2022
Thursday, May 5th: Math PSSA Day 1
Friday, May 6th: Math PSSA Day 2; Warwick Spirit Day
- The Spring Book Fair will be held at school from 5/9-5/11. It is a Buy One Get One Book Fair (BOGO) Please click here to see more information!
Warwick PTO News and Updates
We are in the process of finding chairs members for our Warwick PTO Committees for the next two-year term. If you would like to be considered for any of the following committees please fill out the form. If you are currently chairing a committee and would like to continue in the position, thank you for completing the form so we know you are still interested.
- PTO meetings will be held on Monday, May 9th (Proposal of the 2022-23 PTO Budget and Tuesday, June 7th (we vote on the 2022-23 budget)
- The week of June 27th we will be having a PTO basement cleanout. If you are interested in helping to clean/organize the basement at Warwick please send an e-mail to Meghan Wojewodka email@example.com
- Friday, May 13th from 6:00 - 8:30PM: Family Fun Picnic
From the Desk of Mrs. Adelman
We will be continuing PSSAs next week. Students in grades 3-6 will be completing the Math Assessment on Thursday and Friday. Here are some helpful reminders for student and parents.
- Ensure laptop is charged overnight!
- Eat a healthy breakfast
- Pack laptop and charger
Please know that students will not be able to have access to any electronic devices, including electronic watches during the assessments. All electronics will have to be turned off and stored away from the students during assessments. Please see the parent letter information attached to Warwick Weekly e-mail.
Social Media Matters
Each week we’ll be sharing some safety tips related to social media!
Today we’ll discuss SnapChat.
Why do kids love it?
*kids exchange pics and videos (snaps) that disappear after they’re viewed
*filters, lenses and other effects can be added to pics for funny results
*kids try to get a “streak” going between friends – achieved when each friends sends 1 snap every 24 hours to each other
What is the concerning features:
- Parents can’t really check for content (as the content “disappears”)
- Due to the false belief by kids that these images are gone “forever”, they may tend to create inappropriate images.
- There is a feature, called a SnapMap on snapchat that allows kids to broadcast their location (so others know where they are at all times)
- There is a built-in secret picture vault for kids to save pics (with it’s own password)
As we’ve previously over-stated, the best way to keep kids safe is to monitor, monitor and monitor some more – but this app makes monitoring fairly challenging.
For more information & tips on how to turn off SnapMap (hide your child’s location), see below:
Universal Free Lunch Waiver Expiration
School breakfast and lunch has been available for Central Bucks School District students at no cost since March 2020. Reimbursement for the cost of providing these meals has come through a United States Department of Agriculture Waiver issued to the Pennsylvania Department of Education. This waiver suspended free and reduced lunch eligibility requirements, allowing for universal participation in the National School Lunch Program. The waiver is expected to expire at the end of June.
In anticipation of this, we wish to remind families of the following:
- Eligible families are strongly encouraged to apply for free and reduced lunches. Families may apply through an online application that is safe, secure, and private. Visit cbsd.org/freeandreduced for details. All children in households eligible for the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) or Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) benefits are eligible for free meals. If you have questions about your family’s eligibility, please send email to Renee Ziccardi at firstname.lastname@example.org or contact your school nurse.
- When the waiver expires, students may again purchase lunch, a la carte items, or snacks through their MySchoolBucks account. Now is a good time to log on, bring your child’s account up to date if money is owed, and update expired payment information. Review frequently asked questions about school lunch accounts on our website. Your child will not be able to utilize their account to purchase a la carte items or snacks if it is past due. If you have questions about your child’s account, or if you believe the balance information is inaccurate, please contact Renee Ziccardi at email@example.com.
April Boomerang Nominations
Visit www.cbsd.org/register for more details, including necessary documents to gather in order to register your kindergarten students. PLEASE CONSIDER REGISTERING RIGHT AWAY IN ORDER TO AID THE DISTRICT IN ITS PLANNING FOR 2022-2023.
Warwick Kindergarten Kick-off
We will be having a Kindergarten Kick-off for our incoming kindergarten students and parents/guardians on Monday, June 13th. During the kick-off, your child(ren) will have the opportunity to visit the kindergarten classrooms, take a tour of Warwick, and then get to complete an activity with our two kindergarten teachers. During the classroom activity, parents/guardians will have the opportunity to meet with Mrs. Adelman, Mrs. Sleicher (our school counselor), our reading specialists, nurse, speech pathologist, and other Warwick staff members to learn a little bit about kindergarten.
Please follow this link to sign up for a 30-minute visit on June 13th. We hope you can make it!