Family News from the Nest
English Landing Elementary School
Friday, May 26, 2017
What an AMAZING 2016-2017 School Year! Thank you!
Welcome to English Landing Dr. Todtfeld!
What's Happening at English Landing Elementary School?
Wednesday, May 31, 2017:
- First Day of Summer School
- 8:40am to 3:40pm
English Landing Staff Farewells
We would like to wish the following English Landing staff members a fond farewell as they won't be returning to English Landing Elementary School in the fall.
- Dr. Matt Wachel: Dr. Wachel will become the principal at Madison Elementary in the Gardner Edgerton School District.
- Mrs. Shea Kloeppel: Mrs. Kloeppel has decided to take a break from teaching fifth grade in order to remain home with her daughter.
- Mrs. Milby-Palma: Mrs. Milby-Palma is transferring to teach at Smithville High School. She will now be able to attend school with her son, Kolby.
- Ms. Katelynn Surber: Ms. Surber is transferring to Hawthorn Elementary to join the second grade team. This is the team she student taught with before graduating from college.
- Ms. Karen DiSanto: Ms. DiSanto is retiring after serving Park Hill for 22 years as a school social worker.
We had the following support staff helping us this year due to enrollment numbers and would like to thank them for helping our eagles: Mrs. Gaitley, Mrs. Hillix, Mrs. Lucas, and Mrs. Marshall.
Fifth Grade Choir Trip to Park Hill South High School
Elementary Fifth Grade Choir Concert at PH South High School
Fifth Grade Awards Assembly, May 18, 2017
Fifth Grade Awards Assembly: Miss Kallen Mazeitis, Park Hill South Senior and English Landing Alumna
Star Award: Ms. Surber, First Grade Teacher
Congratulations to Ms. Surber! Dr. Cowherd surprised Katelynn this week during grade level meetings. A parent in Ms. Surber’s classroom nominated her for this award and shared the first grade student is already talking about college due to Ms. Surber’s positive influence. Way to go!
Fourth Quarter Report Cards
English Landing teachers have finalized fourth quarter grades. Parents are now able to access their child’s Fourth Quarter Report Card via the Parent Portal in Infinite Campus.
If you have not yet set up your Infinite Campus Parent Portal account, please contact Mrs. Wood as you will need your unique activation key, known as a GUID.
Fourth Quarter Report Cards will be available to view today, Friday, May 26, 2017.
Remember: You won’t be able to access your child’s fourth quarter report card unless you have set up your Infinite Campus Parent Portal. PLEASE contact Mrs. Wood, English Landing administrative assistant, if you need assistance.
Mrs. Terrann Wood
English Landing Staff
Order Now! 2017-2018 School Supply Sales
Time to order your school supplies for next year.
This helps you save time and money when back-to-school shopping. Parents that use EPI school packs save up to 40% compared to the same supplies from a national retailer. Ordering school supplies is also an easy way to give money back to English Landing! The English Landing PTA receives a small portion of the proceeds from each school supply pack sold. In fact, the English Landing PTA earned $400 last year from these sales.
Check out how easy it is! https://youtu.be/1KF8JE0sKg8
Order deadline is 06/16/17.
To order online:
- Go to: educationalproducts.com/shoppacks
- Enter our school code: ENG003
- Supplies will be delivered straight to your home before school starts in August.
For questions, contact Katie Burgess at 314.494.7284 or KatieE.Burgess@gmail.com
2017/2018 School Supply Lists
Below you will find the list of necessary school supplies for Park Hill elementary students.
English Landing Elementary School - Building School Improvement Focus Areas
Building Successful Futures - Each Student - Every Day
English Landing Vision
Our vision is that all English Landing students will meet grade level expectations and demonstrate responsible citizenship.
English Landing Values
1. We will embrace a welcoming climate.
2. Safety will be a priority.
3. Students and staff will strive for excellence.
4. We will promote collaboration and community involvement.
5. Our school will model life skills.
6. Diverse cultures will be respected.
7. We will practice positive communication.
8. Our school will encourage leadership.
English Landing Strategic Focus Areas
English Landing 2016-2017 School Improvement Priority Goals
EL STAR testing results will display reading growth (on track or above) that increases from the current Park Hill MODERATE score (Yellow) to meeting the Park Hill GOAL score (Green) on the 2016-2017 English Landing Balanced Scorecard. (Indicator #7)
EL Students reporting through semester student surveys My Needs Are Being Met will increase fro 90.4% to 100%. (Indicator #17)
EL Families will report they are Involved in their Child's Education will increase from displaying the current Park Hill MODERATE score (Yellow) to meeting the Park Hill GOAL score (Green) on the 2016-2017 English Landing Balanced Scorecard. (Indicator #20)