6-12 Math Update
August 17, 2023
August 2023 Math PD Resources
You may access the slides and other materials from our sessions below.
More resources on the TPS Math Hub below. Be sure to bookmark it for easier access. If you have something to add on our math Hub, please email me or your C&A team representative.
Open House/Family Night BTC Resources
Planning on doing a task with parents and guardians? Here are the top tasks that teachers use. You may access them on the Non-Curricular Task spreadsheet.
- Four 4s
- Tax Collector
- How Many Squares
- Split 25
Building Thinking Classrooms in Mathematics
- Start a book study at your building. You may use this book study guide to help with discussions. I suggest to follow it up with collaboration and practice sharing. If you need a book, please email me.
- Brainstorm with colleagues about classroom set up. Many teachers have gotten instructional resources from DonorsChoose, you could also talk to your administrators and/or department and see if they can provide resources such as whiteboards, markers, and erasers. Click here to access VNPS options. Other options include windows and showerboards. If you decide to get Wipebooks, use the code: 40peter to get 40% discount.
- Brainstorm curricular math tasks that your grade level/course can use for a lesson or topic. BTC tasks are linked on our CDMs. More tasks resources on the TPS Math Hub.
- Practice facilitating BTC with your professional learning community (PLC).
- Do peer observations and peer feedback. And please invite me over, I would love to learn from and with you.
- Join a professional learning network such as the BTC Facebook page.