Important Dates for the Week:
- 1st grade Quarterly Collaboration
- 3rd PLC
Tuesday, March 19th:
- Dual Language Meeting after dismissal in Eva's classroom
Wednesday, March 20th:
- Vision Screening for 1st, 3rd and 5th grade classes
- 1st PLC
Thursday, March 21st:
- 5th/2nd PLC
Friday, March 22nd:
- Curriculum Coach Monthly Meeting at NCE - media center (see information below)
- 4th PLC (moved due to coach meeting)
- Kindergarten PLC (moved due to coach meeting)
- Specials PLC at 9:05 in conference room
- 1st/3rd Field Trip
Saturday, March 23rd:
- Playground Grand Opening from 2-4 (please consider coming to support the PTA's hard work to update the playground)
New Playground Equipment:
- The new playground installation is complete. Just like with anything new, we need to teach students expectations for the new equipment BEFORE they use it. Please take time during at the beginning of your recess time (not more than a few minutes) to teach expectations and divide up staff to ensure supervision is in appropriate locations. It is important that grade levels are consistent in expectations. Children are super excited and we need to be ready for the excitement. We will discuss consistent school wide expectations for new equipment at the next SLT meeting. It would be nice for us all to be consistent. What is most important for the coming days (until that conversation occurs) is safety. : )
K-2 Report Card Meeting: Kim Brennan and Stephanie Orchard-Hays will be attending a K-2 report card committee meeting on Thursday. Please send them any suggestions you have about report cards before the meeting.
Save the Date: EOG Training will be held in the Media Center after school on Tuesday, May 21. This training is mandatory for all teachers who work with students in grades 3-5 (Gen Ed, ESL, EC, Special Areas). Please make sure to save the date!
Curriculum Coach Meeting: Chatham County Curriculum Coaches for the county will be coming to NCE for their monthly meeting this Friday. They are coming to see PLC's and our I/E block. Please do not be shocked to see them in/around the building and in your classroom!
ASIS Team - Visit 2
They are scheduled to come during the month of March. I am excited for them to see the awesome things happening every day!
Report Card Grades:
- End of the 3rd nine weeks - March 28th
- Report Cards will go home with everyone Friday, April 5th
- Grades will be Due to Evonne on Tuesday, April 2nd at 8 am
Consider completing a Positive Office Referral this week!
- Feedback? Suggestions?....leave us some info in the Weekly Note!
Car Rider Duty for the Week:
PM Duty:Team 4 - Orchard-Hays, Rife De Los Santos, Hamilton, Sistrunk, Woods, Rowland, DePietro, Maul
Please do not send out mass emails regarding other covering duty for you due to an absence/progressional development. We must have confirmed people out at car duty and we have been short several days due to no one answering the mass email and/or people not covering their duty. This is too important a time of day for us to hope someone sees the email and helps out. Please text a friend that doesn't have duty to switch with you and/or text Carla