September 2022 (Back to School Reminders and Updates)
Message from Principal Dr. Cochran and Assistant Principal Engelhardt
It has been an amazing start to the school year! We kicked off the school year with two days of orientation. On 9/6 our 6th and 8th grade students came to the building and on 9/7 our 5th and 7th grade students came to the building. Both days were filled with community-building sessions, outdoor activities, pep rallies, expectation reviews and fun with friends! Welcoming our students back over the course of two days allowed for collaboration amongst our staff and the ability for our students to meet teachers from different grade levels. Overall, the day helped our students and staff seamlessly return to the building after their summer breaks!
We are so excited for the upcoming school year and look forward to all the amazing things our Fridley community will accomplish! Please reach out if you have any questions. Together we will make this school year a huge success!
Dr. Cochran and Mr. Engelhardt
Meet our Dean of Students
Updated COVID-19 Safety Protocols
Health Services: Emergency Health Forms
It is also important that we are told about any health conditions your child might have. This information is listed on the emergency sheet as well. If anything has changed over the summer, please call the Health Office about this.
Attention parents of 7th graders
There are additional immunizations that are required for 7th grade; Tdap and Menningococcal. These are required BEFORE starting school or a conscientious objection form must by notarized and given to the health office BEFORE school starts. Notification letters were mailed to parents in May. The immunization form is on the District Web Page under Health Services. Please make an appointment with your clinic to get these immunizations completed as soon as possible.
Per our District Policy, all immunizations must be current in order to start school. Please help in making it a great start for your child's school year by getting this done.
Influenza Season is approaching!
Connect with your child clinic to schedule a flu shot with your primary doctor. Good hand washing is the BEST PREVENTION!
Get Your Paws Moving Walk 2022
We have an important announcement we want to share with you. All parents/guardians will need to have a Parent Portal account in Campus. The Parent Portal provides secure access to your child/children’s information such as class assignments, attendance, calendar, and grades. You can also use Parent Portal to pay for meals, fees, or school supplies.
There are many advantages of signing up for and using your Parent Portal account. It is convenient and easy to use, and gives you instant access to important information:
Nutritional Services: Manage your child/children’s meal accounts
· Make online payments using checking, savings and/or credit/debit card to pay for your student’s meals.
· Families can also set up automatic payments to pay for meals.
· Check current balances and see any purchases made on your child’s account.
Meal Benefits Application: Annual renewal made easier
· Apply for Meal Benefits Application in Parent Portal
· Parents/Guardians must apply each year to qualify for free and reduced priced meals.
· By applying, you also help the district receive additional funding to support classroom learning.
Activities & Athletics & School Store: Now includes shopping for school supplies
· Sign up and pay for Activities and Athletics fees for your child
· View and shop for your child/children’s school supplies
Transportation: Access important updates and information
· Access your child/children’s transportation information on the Parent Portal.
How to Activate your Parent Portal Account:
1. Go to Fridley Public Schools Home Page: www.fridleyschools.org
2. Select the Campus Parent Portal Login link in the top right-hand corner of the webpage.
3. On the Parent Portal login page, select New User.
4. Enter the Campus Portal Activation Key provided here: <this is the GUID>
5. Choose SUBMIT.
6. You will be asked to create a Username and Password.
7. Choose SUBMIT.
8. Your Campus Portal account will be activated.
All Middle School students will need to update their account information by enrolling in the district Password Portal system. The Password Portal provides the security REQUIRED to protect their Fridley account information from digital theft and other possible cybersecurity threats.
If you have login questions, please go to the Fridley Public Schools Student Online Support (SOS) page at the following address: https://sites.google.com/isd14.org/student-tech-resources/home?authuser=0
Also, if you have issues, you can submit a Service Desk Ticket using the following link: https://fhs.fridleyschools.org/support/student-tech-support
For the 2022-23 school year all students eligible for transportation MUST request by this form: https://www.fridleyschools.org/-us/departments/transportation
If we do not receive a form, your student will not be assigned to a bus. This process is new this year due to the driver shortage. Please submit the form as soon as possible to ensure your student(s) has a bus stop assigned for the first day of school.
- Student who have requested transportation and are eligible will receive their bus schedule at student open house.
- There are no stops added to routes after August 19th. We can only add students to existing stops.
- Any new stop changes needed from August 19-Sept 9th will start Wednesday, September 21st. Parents will have to transport until notified by email of the change and bus schedule.
- Request for changes made September 10th - 16th will be implemented on Wednesday, September 28th. Parents will have to transport until notified by email of the change and schedule.
- New stop requested from Sept 10th - 16th will be implemented October 5th. Parents will have to transport until notified by email of the change and updated schedule.
FRIDLEY PUBLIC SCHOOLS
TRANSPORTATION DEPARTMENTPhone: 763-502-5151 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Nutritional Services News
Click this link to learn more about the our Nutritional Services program for all students, barcodes for breakfast/lunches, monthly menus, and more.
Athletics and Activities Update
Fridley Schools offer many opportunities for 7th and 8th graders to participate in extracurricular activities. Some of our sports are for students in grades 7-12, others are specifically for 7th & 8th graders. Our Sports teams need participants. Below you will find all of the opportunities to become involved with a team at FMS or with FHS.
Good Luck and Go Tigers!!