Paulo Panther Weekly
Weekly events and announcements: 11/14/21
This Week's Schedule
- Mon. Nov 15th. Blythedale Toy drive begins
- Book Fair Nov. 15th - Nov. 19th
- PTA Java Joe Fundraiser ends Tues. Nov 16
- Food Drive ends on Wed. Nov 17th
- Parent Teacher Conferences Wed. Nov. 17th (4:30 - 7:30) & Thurs. Nov. 18th (12:20 to 2:20 PM)
- Nov 18th Half day dismissal 11:20 am (Pds 1,2,3 & 8)
***Important 8th Grade announcement: TACHS Test November 20th***
This year the TACHS exam will be administered again on Saturday, November 20th for any students who did not register for the first exam. We are stressing that any eighth grader who did not take the TACHS exam to please register when it reopens on Friday, November 12th at 9am. Students will have until midnight on November 14th to register for the exam on the 20th.
Scholastic Book Fair
This week the I.S. 75 PTA will be sponsoring our annual Scholastic “Book Fair”. The fair promises to offer many popular titles on a variety of reading levels, as well as some candy and “fun” purchases, etc. It’s a good place to begin some holiday shopping!! It is also an important fundraiser for our PTA and a great way to support our school! Students will be given their date and time by their advisory teachers.
ATTENTION 8TH GRADE: Crazy Hat Day Nov. 24th
This 8th grade event is another staple in a long list of senior activities that we will have this year. We will be handing out prizes throughout the course of the day for the most original and unique hats. Pajama Pants may only be worn as part of an outfit that includes a hat. All pajama pants must be appropriate for school. Slippers will not be allowed. Please help us in ensuring that this event is successful. Pictures will be taken for our yearbook and video yearbook.We hope this day will be a special one for our graduating class as we head into the holiday weekend.
First Marking Period Report Cards & Parent-Teacher Conferences
The dates for the Fall 2021 Parent/Teacher Conferences at Paulo are:
Wednesday, November 17 (4:30 – 7:30 pm)
Thursday, November 18 (12:20 – 2:20 pm)
Parent/Teacher conferences scheduled for both Wednesday 11/17 and Thursday 11/18 will take place by phone
The 1st Marking Period Report Card will be distributed on the NYC Schools accounts on Friday, November 12 (It may take up until Nov. 13th to show) and also live on PupilPath Friday Nov. 12th.
Thanksgiving Food Drive Ends this week on November 17th
November Advisory Focus: Digital Citizenship
entertainment. However, it can pose dangers to your child, your computer andyour personal data. Follow the link below to some tips for parents to promote digital citizenship in the home. Tips for Digital Citizenship at home.
Saturday Morning Math Tutoring Continues
"Virtual" Math Tutoring on Saturdays
Saturdays from 9:00 AM to 10:30 AM starting October 9th and ending January 22nd.
Classes will take place remotely. Students WILL NOT report to school.
You must register your child at IS75.org under the School Store/Online Payments tab in order to attend math tutoring. After registering, the student will receive an invite to the google classroom.
The After-School weekly Math tutoring via Google classroom will end Friday Nov. 12th.
Pandemic Electronic Benefit Transfer (P-EBT)
Pandemic Electronic Benefit Transfer (P-EBT) is a temporary federal food benefit program for families to buy food to make up for school meals that were missed while students were enrolled in remote/blended learning. Benefits can be used anywhere EBT/SNAP are accepted, including most retail food stores and farmers markets. Families can expect $820-1300 for the 2020- 2021 school year, exact amounts will vary based on the number of days a student was learning remotely each month. P-EBT is for ALL NYC public school students regardless of family income or immigration status. There is no application for P-EBT, it is issued automatically.
- DISTRIBUTION 1 Covers March - June 2020, and was issued in fall 2020
- DISTRIBUTION 2 Covers Sept 2020 - March 2021, and started distribution in June 2021
- DISTRIBUTION 3 Covers April - June 2021, and will start issuing in fall 2021
For more information:
• For answers to commonly asked P-EBT food benefit questions visit the NYS OTDA website at otda.ny.gov/SNAP-COVID-19
• NY State P-EBT Helpline: 1-833-452-0096
• EBT Customer Service 1-888-328-6399 or www.connectebt.com to request a replacement card, check your balance, or activate (PIN) a card
Here is the link to the NYS School List to check the P-EBT distribution status for individual schools.
ATTN 8th Grade: HIGH SCHOOL OPEN HOUSE INFO
- Susan Wagner High School Monday, November 15, 2021 at 6:00 PM Virtual www.wagnerhigh.net
- Ralph McKee High School Tuesday, November 16, 2021 at 6:30 PM Virtual mckeecths.org
- Curtis High School on Thursday, November 18, 2021 at 6:00 PM Virtual www.curtishs.org
- Tottenville High School Monday, November 22, 2021 at 6:00 PM Virtual www.tottenvillehs.org
Join I.S. 75 on our first online fundraiser of the year. Java Joes Freshly Roasted Gourmet Coffee fundraiser begins on 10/19 thru 11/16.
PTA Meeting has been rescheduled to November 23rd 6:00 PM via ZOOM
SCHOOL SPIRIT CALENDAR FOR 2021-2022
Here at Paulo, we understand the importance of cultivating a sense of student pride and ownership across our hallways and classrooms. We believe that this sense of warmth and optimism allows our students to feel valued and welcomed each and every day and makes Paulo a place where all students can flourish. To this end, we enlist your support in ensuring your child participates in our various Paulo Pride days.
November 24, 2021- Crazy Hat Day (8th Grade Only Event)
December 17, 2021 – Door Decorating Judging
December 22, 2021 - Ugly Sweater Day
December 23, 2021- Twins Day
January 7, 2022 – College Awareness Day- Wear your favorite college swag
February 11, 2022 – Football Jersey Day
February 14, 2022 – Wear Red for Valentine’s Day
February 17, 2022 - International Night
March 17, 2022 – Wear Green for St. Patrick’s Day
April 8, 2022- Basketball Jersey Day
April 29, 2022 – Light it Up Blue for Autism
May 4, 2022- Star Wars Day
May 27, 2022 – Superhero Day
June 1, 2022-Soccer Jersey Day
8th Grade T-Shirt Design Contest
The theme for this year’s graduating class is “Make Lemonade.” This speaks to recent challenges we have endured and the remaining aftermath, making choices, and keeping things positive and in perspective. Now more than ever, we are making the most of less than ideal circumstances.
The official start of the senior t-shirt design contest is now! The deadline to submit an entry will be December 1st. Designs are to be submitted to Ms. Runfolo, digitally or directly in person to room 418.
Requirements for Arista
The mission of the Paulo Arista Society is to make the qualities of scholarship, citizenship, and service function as a beacon of excellence for all members of the school community. To communicate this mission, Paulo has made the requirements for inclusion in Arista (8th grade), Junior Arista (7th grade) and Honor Society (6th grade) as follows:
1. Scholarship – Academic average of at least 91.00% in each marking period with no grade, in any subject, below 80 or “S”. Please note that a course grade of 79 or lower precludes a student from Arista.
2. Citizenship – No citizenship grade below “S” (Satisfactory) in any marking period.
3. Service – The attainment of at least 25 service credits per school year.
4. Attendance/Punctuality – Students absent more than 10 days per school year are precluded. Also, students who are picked up early from school five or more times in a given semester are also precluded from this recognition.
Please see the Student Handbook for a more in-depth explanation of criteria for the Paulo Arista Society.
Useful Links: Self-help
- Daily Health screening https://healthscreening.schools.nyc/
- Health and Safety in Our Schools COVID-19 School Health Policy.
- IS75 Website https://www.is75.org/
- NYC Schools Account Portal NYC Schools Account (NYCSA)
- Parent Consent for Testing New York City Schools Account (NYCSA)
- School Food Forms https://www.myschoolapps.com/Application
- Student Account information schools.nyc.gov/studentaccounts
- Student-Family Handbook https://www.is75.org/pdfs/Paulo%20Student-Family%20Handbook%202021-22%20_1_.pdf
- Student transportation https://www.schools.nyc.gov/school-life/transportation/transportation-overview/whats-ne
- Vaccine portal Vaccine.schools.nyc