JMS February 2017 Newsletter
Moving Dragons Forward Together
Moving Right Along
Geography Bee Winners
From Left to Right: 3rd Place - Haley Pendley, 2nd Place - Peyton Johnson, and 1st Place - Karolina Kearns.
Spelling Bee Winners
Left to Right: Runner-Up - Ty Payne and Winner - Jasmine Miller.
Stock Market Game Winners
Left to Right: Zoe Pickett, Madison Bail, Mattie Leigh Cronan, and Megan Sutton. These students participated in the Stock Market Game this past fall and won first place in our region.
Geography Bee Winners
Congratulations to the Reading Bowl Team who participated in the Feb. 4th Regional Helen Ruffin Reading Bowl!
Pennies for Patients
Each student who chooses to participate will receive an individual collection box in homeroom. There will be a collection box in each homeroom. The homeroom who collects the most money per person will receive a breakfast compliments of the BETA Club.
So check under the couch cushions! Just a handful of pennies collected from each student quickly adds up!
Middle School Winter Sports
Northwest GA Regional Science and Engineering Fair
Congratulations to Brandon for receiving 1st place in the Physical Energy subject. He will now be moving on to the state competition.
FFA Show Season
JMS 8th Grade Winter Ball and Fatz Breakfast Fundraiser
JMS Students of the Week
Week of 1/3/17:
6th Grade: Sergio Berber Cazares and Kaitleen Gibbs
7th Grade: Mattie Leigh Cronan and Luis Aguilar
8th Grade: Kealy Hillhouse and Jonathan Dunn
Week of 1/9/17:
6th Grade: Dustin Coleman and Maggie Bufford
7th Grade: Carmen Thomas and Noah Abbott
8th Grade: Daelyn Baker and Jesse Buchanan
Week of 1/23/17:
6th Grade: Cody Childers and Stephanie Carlile
7th Grade: Emma Reece and Thomas Wilson
8th Grade: Hailey Lewis and Mark Black
Week of 1/30/17:
6th Grade: Colt Chadwick and Camryn Hudgins
7th Grade: Tori Kleinberg and Seth Gray
8th Grade: Hannah Palmer and Mat Parker
JMS Upcoming Events
- 5:30 - 7:30 PM - JMS Parent Night
- 4:15 PM - Soccer vs. Dawson (Away)
- 4:30 PM - Tennis vs. Fannin (Home)
Monday, 2/20, through Friday, 2/24:
-Winter Break - No School
- 5:30 PM - Baseball - North GA M.S. Invitational Tournament at Edwards Park in Dalton
- 11 AM - Baseball - North GA M.S. Invitational Tournament at Edwards Park in Dalton
- 6 PM - PTO Meets in the JMS Library
- 4:15 PM - Soccer vs. Clear Creek (Home)
- 4:30 PM - Baseball vs. Adairsville (Home)
- 4:30 PM - Baseball vs. Clear Creek (Away)
- 4:30 PM - Golf vs. Copper Basin at Arrowhead
- 4:30 PM - Golf vs. Fannin at Arrowhead
- 4:30 PM - Tennis vs. Gilmer and Fannin (Home)
Enjoy the Winter Break from February 20th - 24th!
Jasper Middle School
Joining Mind and Spirit to ensure academic success, social responsibility, and graduation for all. "Our goal is that all students will work not only to meet academic expectations, but that they will strive to exceed expectations."
The vision of Jasper Middle School, in cooperation with all stakeholders, is to commit ourselves to developing critical thinkers and lifelong learners through a rigorous curriculum, high expectations, and positive character development in a safe and nurturing environment.
- Devoted educators actively support students, families, and the community to help prepare students to be positive contributors to society through preparation for future challenges and societal demands.
- All students can learn.
- Communication through the spoken and written word is essential to the success of all students.
- Education and learning are shared responsibilities that take place in the home, school, and community.
- Each and every student must be prepared for an ever-changing and technologically driven society.
- Positive behavior supports lead to greater success.
- All stakeholders are accountable for improving student achievement.