La Perouse PS Newsletter
Respectful, Responsible, Learners.
Week 5, Term 4, 2020
This term is definitely whizzing by and things are staring to feel more like normal with more relaxed COVID-19 requirements. Please read the COVID-19 update below which gives more detail of what is now permitted.
It has been an unprecedented year and I want to take the opportunity to thank you all for being so supportive of the school but I also want to highlight the importance of calling to make an appointment, if you have any concerns that you would like to discuss with me. We value open communication and want all parents to feel informed about matters concerning their children. Your first port of call is to speak with your class teacher, which can be done via ClassDojo or by appointment. If the matter in not related to everyday class routines and learning please feel free to make an appointment to speak with our Assistant Principal, Meghan Lindwall, or myself. You can do this by ringing 9311 2210 and speaking with Craig or by emailing the school on firstname.lastname@example.org . We will try our hardest to meet with you as soon as possible.
2021-2023 SCHOOL PLANNING
At the moment I am working with staff in order to collaboratively write a new school improvement plan for 2021-2023 asking for feedback from community and students on the following three areas:
1.Student growth and attainment (Teaching and Learning)
3. Connected Community
We really want to hear from all our families in regards to what you want for your child, in relation to the 3 strategic areas. We need to know what we are doing well, as well as the areas we need to improve.
You can have your say by completing the survey (online and attached) or by joining a focus group, in which we will have a informal discussion so that you can share your thoughts and ideas. Aunty Vicky, Meghan Lindwall, Colin Smith and Amy Weidlich (P&C) will be holding focus groups soon. Please keep an eye out for further information, which will be posted on School Stream and Facebook.
As we prepare for 2021, we need families to complete/return the following applicable forms:
- Special Religious Education and Special Education in Ethics Participation Letter. This asks you to select one of the 5 possibilities for 2021. Anglican, Catholic, Ethics (if demand increases, we will need another Ethics volunteer), Aboriginal dreaming (we would love for community to help run this) or Non-scripture. This information helps us to plan but please note; there is no guarantee that each option will still be available if numbers drop or if volunteers can't be found.
- Holidays and Extended Leave Form. If you plan to go on Christmas holidays before the end of term (20th December 2020) or know that you are possibly returning after 29th January 2021, please complete the form below.
- Updated medical plans for Asthma, Anaphylaxis, Allergy, Eczema and Medication plans.
Finally, on the next back please find Galu's submission to the Patrick White Writing Competitions.
Lisa Haller | Principal
2021 KINDERGARTEN ORIENTATION
It was so lovely to meet our 2021 Kindergarten children and their families.
Despite the restrictions due to COVID, the feedback we have received has indicated that both families and children enjoyed the experience. If you know of any families moving into the area who have not yet enrolled for 2021, let them know all they have to do is give us a call to make an appointment.
PLEASE HELP US - KEEP YOUR INFORMATION UP-TO-DATE
It is really important that we can contact you and your emergency contact at all times. If you or your emergency contact's landline, mobile number, email or address changes please provide us with the updated contact details ASAP. This can be done by:
- calling the school office
- emailing the school on email@example.com
- completing the form on the SchoolStream APP or by
- checking the letter which is being sent home, that outlines the information we currently have on file, and writing on this, the updated details before returning to school.
HOLIDAY CHICKEN ROSTER
If you would like help look after the chickens during the holidays or on weekends, please just send an email to (firstname.lastname@example.org) and provide your mobile number so that we can add you to the WhatsApp group. The chickens need to be let out each morning and put away each night. They also need their water and pellets topped up and you can bring down any vegetable/fruit scraps, which they will be very thankful for. One perk of the job is that you get to take home any eggs that have been laid.
DATES FOR YOUR DIARY:
13/11 - Red, Black and Yellow Mufti Day, 3-6 Beach Volleyball begins.
16/11 - Hardball Filming begins
25-27/11 - Year 4, 5 and 6 Camp
10/12 - 10am-12pm Presentation Day
11/12 - Year 6 Farewell BBQ, disco, cake and arch (whole school event), reports go home.
14/12 - School Picnic Day at Yarra Bay Beach (we need as many families as possible to join us)
16/12 - Last day of the 2020 school year.
If viewing this newsletter online, please make sure you click on the links below to open notes and flyers.
What’s changing from the 12/11/2020
The following activities have been updated to recommence:
- External providers delivering education services can recommence
- School formals, dances, graduations and other end-of-year events can proceed with a COVID-19 Safety Plan
- P&C meetings can be held on school sites after hours with restrictions
- Parents and carers allowed on school site to purchase or pickup uniform from the uniform shop
- Field trips, excursions and overnight camps (including to the ACT) with restrictions
- Year 7 transition to high school programs
Parents and carers are not allowed on school sites or at offsite school events held during school hours except for the following purposes only:
- essential parent and carer meetings with teachers and/or school executives
- parents and carers who attend a school administration building or another defined location for the purpose of picking up their child if they are unwell or where they have been asked to arrange for a COVID-19 test after their child has displayed flu-like symptoms while at school
- parents and carers who need to be on-site for canteen and uniform shop duties or to collect or purchase uniforms
- to attend special end of year events at the invitation of the school provided that these events can be hosted while maintaining a COVID-safe environment such as:
- Graduations, award ceremonies and other presentation events
- School performances, plays, productions and concerts.