Puna lu'u Beach
By Bre Meilleur ;)
Where am I?
This beach is located in Hawaii, so part of the united states but in the middle of the pacific @ 19.136N , 155.505W
What type am I?
- Active coast because although I'm not ton the edge of a plate, the hot spot that this beach sits on causes it to have tectonic activity
- Primary coast because Puna lu'u is on an island created by a hot spot, not shaped by waves
- Emergent, this is a beach that literally emerged from the water.
Whats on my shore?
- The sand on this beach is black, from igneous rock, basalt
- The waves are relatively choppy and there are lots of rocks (aka dangerous for swimming)
- The water is super clear and blue
- This beach is the natural habitat of endangered green turtles!