BURLESON ELEMENTARY NEWS
SEPT 1, 2022
A NOTE FROM MRS. B
We have had a great first three weeks of school. Thank you, Mother Nature for the much needed rain. The students continue to work hard every day, and we couldn’t ask for anything more.
The teachers and the staff prepare each day to make Burleson Elementary great.
We have made it to our first grade check and Progress Reports will go out next week.
If you have any questions about anything going on in your child’s class, please contact the teacher.
We are always here to help! It’s always great to be a Bronco!
My phenomenal Pre-K students are off to a GREAT start.
- Don't forget to send the purple folder back the next day.
- Please remember to send a water bottle/cup every day.
- We will be visiting our campus library soon.
- Blankets will be sent home to wash on Thursday.
- Please send a change of clothes if you have not already.
Thank you, parents, for all your support. I am looking forward to a successful school year.
Mrs. A 😊
A few reminders for this week:
-Your child will be taking a phonics worksheet home that we did in class. Please review the letter and sound. Also review letters and sounds that we have worked on: Ll, Oo, and Gg.
-Our focus continues to be on counting and writing numbers 1,2, and 3.
-Continue to count 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5 objects at home such as pencils, chairs, forks, plates, or toys.
-Check Class Dojo every day for messages. You can also message me.
Thanks for all your support.
· Phonics homework Tuesday -Thursday night. Please return the completed work the next day.
· Spelling words will go out on Tuesday. The test will be on Friday. They will have to spell the words and write the 2 sentences correctly.
· Practice all 10 sight words for a test this Friday.
· Practice +1 facts for a test next Friday.
· Remember to keep all flashcards in the clear sleeve in their purple folder.
· Please make sure your child is at school every day. If they are sick, please contact me on class Dojo and call the office to let them know.
· If you have any questions or concerns, please contact me on class Dojo and I will get back to you as soon as possible.
Awesome things are happening in second grade!
This week in phonics we have been working on consonant/vowel rules and digraphs. In math we are tackling counting, reading, and writing numbers to 1,200. We are having fun learning about changes from heat in science and responsibility in social studies.
Just a couple reminders:
- We will have a spelling test tomorrow over list #2
- Please encourage your child to read at home!
We are learning how to round numbers to the nearest ten and hundred. Remember math fact test is tomorrow. Make sure your child brings their math fact cards back to school every day.
We are finishing up our lesson over properties of matter. We are learning about the 3 states of matter (solids, liquids and gasses.)
It has been an amazing first three weeks of school. I have loved getting to know each and everyone of y’all’s kids. In reading this week, we will be reviewing finding the theme and the sequencing of the story using text evidence. We will continue extending our knowledge on different reading strategies. We will be focusing on the author’s purpose using graphic organizers, open writing prompts, and different stories to practice determining why the author wrote the story.
Using reading strategies will also help us in social studies as we read about the world around us. Starting with our community of Meadow Texas, students will be learning about landforms, natural resources, climate, and natural hazards; comparing their community to other communities.
Don’t forget to continue reading for at least 20 minutes a night with your child and study those spelling words!
Thank you for all you do,
- MAP Testing will be taking place next week. I will send results as soon as I get them.
- Spelling test will be moved to FRIDAY Sept 9th due to testing. I will still send new words on Thursday to keep the same schedule. Practice every night.
- Tomorrow is western wear! Pep rally at 3:50.
- Our attendance has not been great in fourth grade. It is imperative they are here ready to work on time every day when possible. If your child can't be here, please message me on Dojo or call the office!
- Read at least 20 min EVERY night.
Let me know if you need anything!
4th Grade Math/5th Grade Math
-4th grade has been working on Place Value and slowly going to subtracting and adding 3 and 4-digit numbers. Then we will learn to multiply a 2-digit by a 2-digit number. It is very important they know their multiplication math facts because once they learn multiplying a 2-digit by 2-digit everything will lead to multiplying, the decimals, fractions, and area.
-5th grade was working on adding and subtracting 4 and 5-digit numbers and multiplying a 2-digit by 3-digit. We are now starting long division and dividing by a 2-digit divisor. It very challenging for some especially if they do not know their math facts.
-All students need to be practicing multiplication math facts for about 10 minutes every night either flash cards or a multiplication math fact on their phone or tablet.
Thank you for your support,
Mrs. Rasco’s Rad Readers!
We have been working hard these past few weeks of school and are really moving into the meat of our instruction. Right now, we are learning all about the different story elements, like plot, characters, setting, etc. We are reading every day and working hard to reach our goals! I sent home new spelling words today. Our spelling test is going to be next Wednesday, September 7th! Please be sure your child is studying his/her spelling words every night! In writing, we are writing our own realistic fiction story and are about to begin our final drafts so we can publish them. In Social Studies, we are learning about the different regions of the US and the states which make them. We will be having a quiz over different states and capitals next week.
- Spelling Test next Wednesday over long o and long I sounds!
- Please have your child read at LEAST 20 minutes a day.
- If you have any questions or concerns, always feel free to reach out to me on class dojo!
ORDER YOUR PTO SHIRT OR CAR DECAL
Deadline to order is Friday, September 9th.
You can pay: cash, check or Venmo
Come by the elementary office to pick up a form!
PEP RALLY THEME SCHEDULE
PEP RALLY STARTS AT 3:55
MEADOW BRONCO FOOTBALL
Borden County @ 7:30pm (here)
Here is this year football schedule.