Philosophers, Great Thinkers, and Leaders
PHILOSOPHERS IN STEM/CYBER
1. Leonardo Da Vinci
2. Benjamin Franklin
3. Bill Gates
4. Steve Jobs
LEONARDO DA VINCI (STEM)
Da Vinci was a memorable artist. Born on April 15, 1452 in Vinci Italy, Da Vinci was born a peasant, not knowing that one day he would become famous. He died May 2, 1519 in Amboise, France. Some of his most famous work is The Mona Lisa, The Last Supper, and Vitruvian Man.
1. Leonardo da Vinci’s full name at birth was Leonardo di ser Piero da Vinci. The “ser” part of his name identified his father as a gentleman.
2. Leonardo was the son of a wealthy man named Messer Piero Fruosino di Antonio da Vinci who was a legal notary. In contrast, his mother, Caterina, was a peasant.
3. Leonardo’s surname, “da Vinci”, means “of Vinci” which is the town where he was born.
4. Leonardo’s father married a sixteen-year-old girl named Albiera who died young.
5. Caterina, Leonardo da Vinci’s mother, lived with him between 1493 and 1495 according to his taxation documents. She died in 1495.
"The Ballad of Mona Lisa" - Panic! At The Disco
"Mona Lisa" created in 1503 through 1506 by Leonardo Da Vinci.
Eat Like No Tomorrow!
'The Last Supper" created in 1495 through 1497 by Da Vinci.
"Vitruvian Man" created in 1490 by Da Vinci.
BENJAMIN FRANKLIN (STEM)
Benjamin Franklin was born January 17, 1706 in Boston, Massachusetts. He was one of the founding fathers of the United States. He died April 17, 1790 in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
1. He was fireman in his mid twenties.
2. Benjamin Franklin died as an abolitionist at April 17 of 1790. He was 84 when he died.
3. He was the only person to sign the Constitution, Declaration of Independence, and the Treaty of Paris of 1776.
4. Benjamin Franklin had sixteen siblings.
5. Franklin spoke five different languages, French, Latin, Italian, Spanish, and English.
Make It Rain Benjamins!
A picture of the $100 bill Benjamin Franklin is on.
A portrait of Benjamin Franklin.
Me Myself & I
Benjamin Franklin's autobiography.
BILL GATES (CYBER)
Gate's birth name is William Henry Gates The Third. Born on October 28, 1955 in Seattle, Washington, Bill Gates was the forth of his family. He is currently still living, and his net worth is $80.9 billion. Gates is most famous for co-founding Microsoft.
1. Gates aimed to be a millionaire at age 30, but became a billionaire at age 31.
2. If Gates was a country, he would be #63 richest on Earth.
3. Gates has no college degree.
4. Bill Gates was arrested in 1977 for running a red light and driving without a license.
5. Six million lives were saved by Gates with vaccines and better healthcare.
STEVE JOBS (CYBER)
Steven Paul Jobs was born on February 24, 1955 in San Francisco, California. He was CEO of Apple Inc., the largest shareholder of Pixar Animation Studios, and a member of The Walt Disney Company's board of directors. He died October 5, 2011 in Palo Alto, California.
1. When asked why he named his company Apple, he said: "Because it came before Atari in the phone book." Jobs worked for Atari before starting Apple and he also said that he likes apples and that they had to come up with a name by 5 o'clock that day
2. Steve Jobs was fired from his own company because he wanted to drop the price of the then underperforming Macintosh and shift large portion of the advertising budget away from Apple 2 over to the Mac.
3. Steve Jobs took LSD in his younger years and had no regrets.
4. Jobs kept his salary at $1 since 1997.
5. Jobs dropped out of college. After graduating from Homestead High School in Cupertino, California he went on to study at Reed College, where he took one semester of classes before dropping out.
iPhone? More Like mePhone!
Steve Jobs holding the first iPhone in 2007.
Quote Me Crazy!
Famous quote said by Bill Gates.
Apples and Apples!
Official Apple logo.