Week of 12/10/18
A Message from the Administrator
Greetings MCS Families,
I would like to congratulate our two Robotics Teams that are moving on to the state competition. The 'Satellites' won the Core Values Award and the 'Super Novas' won the Presentation Award. Thank you to our coaches Mrs. Warzyn and Tom Matthews for their hard work preparing these two teams for their competition!
I received information this week about the local elementary Science Fair. This competition will take place on February 25th-27th. In the past couple of years we have seen MCS participation decline, which I would really like to change this year. We do not require all students to take part in the Science Fair, but would like to find ways to encourage our students to participate. If you are a parent that would be interested in a Science Fair idea day, that would take place after school, please email me at email@example.com. Registration for the event can be found here: Science Fair Link
Lastly, our families should have received an email this week from the board and myself on our annual donations. This year we are currently at 21% of family donations for MCS. The letter outlines what all these donations are used for and how, with our new expansion, they will be crucial in helping fund furniture, security, and up front cost for the new building. Anyone is able to make an end-of-year tax donation by mailing a check, giving your donation to the main office during business hours or dropping it in the after-hours night deposit box outside the front door. You are also able to donate online by clicking the following link: MCS Donation (this does cost the school a 3% convenience fee). The school will issue you a letter for tax filing purposes.
Administrator, Moscow Charter School
REMINDER: Winter Break/No School: 12/24-1/04
Lions Print Vol. 5
Messages from the PAT
Rummage Sale-Saturday, January 12th from 8-2 pm
- Donations: gently used items can be dropped off at the school in the collection box by the front door. Feel free to spread the word about the collection of items for the Rummage Sale to friends and family.
- Location: We are still looking for a bigger and inexpensive location for the Rummage Sale. So if anyone have some contacts and/or other suggestions please let us know.
- Flyers/posters: Help making poster and flyers would be appreciated, so if you would like to help please let us know. Advertising needs to start very soon, so we can start advertising the event around town and on social media.
Bingo Night- Friday, March 22nd from 5-9 pm
- Location: We need to find a good location for Bingo Night that can host about 100 people, preferably with table and chairs available, access to restrooms, and that does not cost a lot. Ideas/help would be appreciated.
- Donations: Help collecting donations for bingo prizes, silent auction and our live auction would be greatly appreciated. If you would like to help please send me an email on firstname.lastname@example.org so I can give you a copy of the donation letters as well as a link to the document I have created, so we don't contact the same businesses more than once. Last year over 300 businesses was contacted in order to get enough prizes for our Bingo Night and our silent auctions, so we really need help on this.