Team 13 News
Friday, January 8, 2016
Midwest Native American Tribes: Collabrative Google Slides
Winter is upon us! I have spoken with the students about dressing in layers. Mr. Williams, our custodian, does an amazing job making sure our heat is regulated. There are times, the older heating system is taxed. Monday mornings can sometimes be cooler in the classroom than usual, but not always. This is due to the building being on a lower temperature over the weekend. Please help you child make smart choices when getting dressed. We had students in shorts and tees on Monday and we did go outside since the temperature with windchill exceeded twenty degrees. Thank you for your help.
- Reading and Math Benchmarks will be administered online the week of January 11th (Team 13 is scheduled for Reading on Thursday and Math on Friday)
- New Reading Unit 4 launched: Next skills check will be Wednesday, January 13th, The Man Who Invented Basketball
- Wednesday, 1/13 Sign and Return packets and White communication Folders
- Book Orders Due (Online and Paper) by Friday, January 15th
- "Raise The Bar" PAWs assembly, Friday, January 22nd; invitations will be sent to red paw recipients' parents/guardians
- Friday, January 22nd also marks the end of the second marking period
(Notifications for select conferences will be forthcoming.)
- No school January 18th in observance of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Day
Paige raised the bar...using Google Slides to create a book project over break---way to go Paige!
On Wednesday, you should have received a letter for your child regarding the Digital Passbook Program . This program is designed to be completed at home. The curriculum office is currently exploring a Common Sense Media curriculum for teachers to use in classrooms provided through Nearpod, a program that will be tested the second semester in several elementary classrooms throughout the district in preparation for implementation next school year. Until that point, Digital Passport can provide extension activities for students to explore when students have excelled and completed a classroom activity or can be done solely at home with their parents. The link to this website is above.