ARABIC 1 Newsletter ديسمبر 11
Have you started on your End of Course Projects Yet?
NOTE: WE WILL BE WORKING ON LESSON 12 FOR TWO WEEKS. REFER TO ARABIC 1 DUE DATE CALENDAR
CLICK to WATCH what the "ROOT SYSTEM & ROOT EXTRACT" is in Arabic.
WHAT TO DO IF YOU MISSED YOUR COACHING SESSION?
If you absolutely have to miss a language coaching session, please send a message to your coach ahead of time, so they won't be waiting for you! THEN:
- Check out the "Coaching Schedule" tab and see when your coach offers another session. if there is a time/day that works for you, perhaps with another coach.
- Let that coach know (via blackboard message, blackboard IM, or in the session) that you're making up a session.
- In order to be counted present, please let your main coach know what coach and what time you attended via e-mail inside BB (please copy me).
OR METHOD 2:*** (You are allowed this method TWICE a semester for emergency)
- Listen to your coach's archived session that you missed by following this path.
- Go to "My Language Coach" tab on navigation bar--> scroll down until you see your coach's name --> click the link UNDER the picture and find the date and time of the session that you have missed.
- If (for some reasons) your coach was unable to record anything or you can't find the session, you may listen to recording of another coach on the same date
- Listen to the whole archive.
- Then, E-MAIL your coach (copy me) with the date and time of the archived session and a brief summery of the content of the session
- Your coach will go back to the attendance sheet to change the status and I will give you credit for having attended a coaching session once I see you have accessed & listened to the archive.
**Method 2: You will not receive full credit for using method 2. You will have points taken off due to the fact that you are not participating during that session. All you are doing is listening, and not participating therefore points will be deducted. You will receive points instead of getting a 0% The highest grade you can get using method 2 is 80%**
What assignments are due by Sunday, Dec. 14th الواجبات
NOTE: We will be working on this lesson for TWO Weeks! Refer to Due Date Calendar.
- L.11 End of Lesson 11 Quiz (Due by due date on course calendar)
- L.12 Assignment 12.1: Speaking (Parts of House) - Due by due date on course calendar
- L. 12 Assignment 12.2: Traditional Arabic House- Discussion Board (Due by due date on course calendar)
- L. 12 Assignment 12.3: (Due by due date on course calendar)
- L. 12 Assignment 12.4: Vocabulary & Speaking - Due by due date on course calendar
- L. 12 Assignment 12.5: Coaching Sessions -
- Due by due date on course calendar
- L. 12 End of Lesson 12 Quiz: Due by due date on course calendar
- End of Module 3 LinguaFolio Assignment - Due by due date on course calendar
- Contact your teacher weekly via Text, BBIM or phone to check in
CLICK HERE to sign your name saying that you have read today's announcement! Make sure to answer the last question if you watched the video & want extra credit!!