Here's what's happening at Life School Carrollton! #CHIRP
Update From Mrs. Villavaso for August!
We are excited to announce that the Life School Board of Directors recently approved the purchase of additional technology devices made possible by a recent matching grant opportunity through TEA. The purchase of these new devices will allow Life School to be 1:1 for all students K-12, later this school year. Due to a nation-wide device shortage, these devices may not be delivered before the start of school and will be distributed at a later date. Additionally, we will be able to supply a limited number of hot spots to our students in need of access to WiFi.
As a reminder, please take a moment to complete this short Technology & Wellness Survey no later than August 9th.
For families in need of access to Wifi, please view these resources located here.
To view detailed information about parent orientation dates, school supplies, the updated district calendar and other important back to school information, please view the Parent Resources page on our website.
Please continue to check Life School’s Back to School FAQ’s as we will provide updates when new information becomes available. If you have questions that have not been answered in the FAQ’s or in the parent meeting, please submit them using this form.
Virtual Parent Orientation- Aug 12 at 5 pm
Join us for our Virtual Parent Orientation on Wednesday, Aug 12th at 5 pm.
- Introduce the administration
- Discuss ways to stay connected through Facebook, Twitter, Remind, Parent Portal, weekly newsletters, parent meetings/events, etc.
- LifeLeader lessons and character training with Mrs. Lewis
- Positive Behavioral Interventions and Supports Program
- Lunch and Breakfast-Lunch Form and My School Bucks
- Title I Schoolwide Indicator
- Arrival and Dismissal Map and Hangtags
- Kids Club- After school care
- Medication and Emergency Contact
- Mask Policy
- Safety and Security
- Partners for Life
- School Remote Start- Aug 19th
- Remote Instruction Overview and Google Classroom
- Student Success Bag and Device Pick-up- Aug 13 and Aug 14.
Materials Pickup Day (Device and Student Success Bag Pick-up)
Hangtag Authorization Form
In an effort to streamline material pickup and reduce the amount of paper exchanged, we are asking every family to complete the the Hangtag Authorization Form online prior to Material Pick Up on August 13th and 14th.
Please include anyone you think will pick up your student from campus upon returning to school. Hangtags are required for every family (even guardians) that will pick up a student(s). Driver's License # must be provide for each authorized person picking up. Hangtags will NOT be issued for incomplete information.
Complete the Hangtag Authorization Form by Wednesday, August 12th.
Technology Checkout Authorization Form
Lunch and Lunch Forms
Book Swap Sign-up
Here is a link to the Book Swap Sign-up. The first day Book Swap is open is Aug 31. We look forward to seeing you.
School Start and Times
2020-2021 School Supplies
If you choose to pick-up your supplies, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule a time.
**School uniform shirts are preferred for all synchronous remote learning.
**Masks will also be required when we return to campus.
Life School is a school of choice that requires students to wear uniforms. Student uniforms make a statement that students belong to a unique school environment with a strong commitment to educational excellence. The uniqueness of the student does not rest in the apparel they wear, but in the inner qualities and gifts of the student.
Uniforms must have the Life School crest.
- Grades K-12- White oxford shirt (button-down collar)
- Grades K-6- Red or navy polo shirt, (long or short sleeved)
- Grades K-12 - Navy cardigan, “V” neck sweater or sweatshirt (uniform shirts must be worn underneath)
- Only school uniform jackets are allowed to be worn in the building. Non-school jackets may be worn at the discretion of administration and outdoors.
- Grades K-12 – may be worn Monday – Friday (uniform shirts must be worn underneath)
- Grades K-6 - Navy pants or walking shorts (no more than 2 inches above the knee)
- The following examples are unacceptable: cargo pants, cargo shorts, jogger pants and denim wear.
- All pants or shorts must be worn with a belt
Skirts/Jumpers/Modesty Skirts* (no more than 2 inches above the knee)
- Grades K-3 - Plaid jumper (no skirts)
- Grades K-3 - Navy modesty skirts
- Grades 4-6 - Plaid or navy modesty skirt
Girls should wear navy modesty shorts under jumpers and skirts
Accessories (Grades K-12)
- Required for 5th-12th grades only and must be worn at the natural waist.
- Must be solid colors.
- Girls may wear 1 earring per ear.
- Earrings may be either stud-style or hoop (smaller than a quarter).
- Hoop (larger than a quarter) or dangling earrings are not allowed.
- Boys are not permitted to wear earrings.
- Piercings anywhere else on the body except girls’ ears are not allowed Necklaces and bracelets must be thin and conservative and must coordinate with the uniform.
- Flashy, large jewelry will not be permitted.
- Multiple necklaces or bracelets will not be allowed.
Shoes (Grades K-12)
Appropriate shoes, with non-marking soles, must be worn at all times (can be athletic, loafer style, or dress shoes). The following examples are unacceptable: house shoes, sandals, flip- flops, wheeled shoes, light up shoes, open-toed shoes, or shoes with more than 1" heels. Shoes must have both closed toe and closed heel.
OPTIONAL FRIDAY UNIFORM (GRADES K-12)
Life School t-shirts and sweatshirts may be worn with uniform pants, shorts or skirts. Life School sponsored t-shirts, sweatshirts, spirit wear, college shirts or college jackets may be worn at the discretion of administration.
In order to minimize loss and simplify identification, all clothing should be labeled.