Update from Vista Oaks
A great place for your child to grow...
BAND informational meeting is this Tuesday, September 8th at 9:00 a.m.
An informational meeting will be held on Tuesday, September 8th at 9:00 a.m. in the Oak Room (room 13) and the band classes will officially begin Tuesday, September 22nd.
We're so excited to be able to offer this opportunity to our Vista Oaks students!
Be kind to one another!
Life is an Adventure!
A Venturing Crew is a fun-filled , co-ed organization that is run, organized and executed by young men and women ages 14 - 20.
Venturing's purpose is to provide positive experiences to help young people mature and to prepare them to become responsible and caring adults. The program is full of exciting and meaningful activities that helps youth pursue their special interests, grow, develop leadership skills, and become good citizens.
What do Venturers do? You decide the outings and activities. Do you enjoy camping? River rafting? Sporting Events? Movies? Archery? Game nights? Hiking? Horseback riding? You make the decisions. You plan the adventures.
COME LEARN MORE ABOUT VENTURING AND HOW YOU CAN JOIN
Tuesday, September 8, 2015
Cornell Park in Discovery Bay
Meet at the covered tables on Willow Lake Road
If you are unable to attend but would like more information, you can contact us via email: email@example.com.
WE ARE LOOKING FOR NEW VENDORS!
Scholastic Book Orders
What a wonderful first week of enrichment!
- Please send your children in shoes appropriate for P.E., with a water bottle, sunscreen on, and with a nut-free snack and lunch.
- Please drop off your children and pick them up as close to the start and end times as possible! We don't have the same adults available to supervise students in the Oak Room as we did last year. Thank you!
Allergy Advisory Team
For instance, some of you who have children in Sue Matt's Science class received an email asking if your child is allergic to one of the following items:
· Vegetable oil · Honey · Dish soap · Rubbing alcohol · Corn syrup · Food dyes · Popcorn kernels · Corks · Grape tomatoes
Having an advisory team that knows of the allergies we have on site would be a resource we could go to for help in reviewing that list.
If you're interested in being a part of this team, please email firstname.lastname@example.org Thank you!
MARK YOUR CALENDAR!
- There is no school on Monday, September 7th due to Labor Day.
- Jelly Belly Tour on Monday, September 21st at 10:30. RSVP to email@example.com by September 15th. This is open to anyone enrolled at Vista Oaks!
- Halloween Dance for the whole family is on Saturday, October 24th from 7:30-11:30 p.m. Costumes are required, and tickets for the family are $10. You can purchase them from Charmaine in Room 4 or anyone on our Leadership Team. Donations are accepted! Proceeds support our Prom Committee!
- High School Spirit Week September 28th and 30th! Come dressed as your favorite hero or villain! Leadership will choose the best dressed/most spirited student and will be interviewed by the newsletter team. There is more fun to come on those days, so come dressed and ready to play!
Commuters from Concord?
MOCK TRIAL JURORS NEEDED!
We (still!) need wonderful volunteers like you!
Thank you so much to Michelle, Jana, and Sayra for helping out at lunch! We're so grateful to have you!
Please keep collecting your Box Tops to help raise money for our school!
Start saving pictures that can be used in this year's yearbook!
- CD player
- Transparency projector (maybe someone knows of an old one lying around in working condition? :)
- Newspapers and empty toilet paper rolls for Casey's art class. For more information, you can visit her blog:http://thursdayartmusings.blogspot.com/ Donations can be dropped off in the art room, room 10.