the PENN NEWSLETTER
WE'RE ALL LEARNING
Students are learning so much from our new teacher-librarian, Mrs. Priske. See all the cool things they are doing in media here: https://www.smore.com/zav6u
Teachers spent Thursday afternoon learning instructional strategies for teaching math and health.
We hope you will attend Fun Night tonight from 5:45pm to 7:45pm!!
A HUGE THANK YOU to all of you who have helped with Fun Night ----
-- to those who volunteered to help run Fun Night
-- to the staff who donated such FUN things for the staff/experience auction
-- to those who donated raffle and auction items
-- to those who bought and sold raffle tickets
-- to those who donated baked goods and grab bag and prize items
-- to all of you coming tonight!
We REALLY appreciate ALL you've done to help make this important fundraiser a success! And, we are fortunate to have so much support for our school.
See you tonight!
Fun Night Committee
BAKE WALK ITEM UPDATE:
Due to BASP and Girls on the Run using the little gym right after school, please take your baked items to the office until 3:15. After 3:15, items can be taken to the little gym.
Thanks for your help!
Iowa Assessments are next week
At Penn, 3rd-6th graders will take Iowa Assessments during the week of October 17
What should parents do to prepare their children for the tests?
- Encourage your child to answer the questions as best they can.
- Make sure your child gets a good night’s sleep before test day.
- Ensure your child gets a good breakfast, (arrival for school breakfast must be before 7:45)
- Get students to school on time.
If your child was absent and was not photographed yet they will have their picture taken on Oct. 25th. Please send your order form and payment with them that day. Request an order form in the office if you are new to Penn or did not receive one.
Warm Clothing and Winter Outerwear Distribution
Children Must Be Present
This is a free distribution of warm clothing from pre-school (including infants) through hich school ages, along with coats, hats, gloves, scarves, boots and other winter clothing for all ages. Adult items are also available.
North Liberty Distribution Site:
North Liberty Community Pantry/NLFUMC
85 Jones Blvd. North Liberty
- Oct. 14 - Fun Night (5:45-7:45)
- Oct. 15 - Warm Clothing and Winter Outerwear Distribution (see above)
- Oct. 16 - Run for the Schools http://www.runfortheschools.com/
- Oct. 18 - Original Works fundraiser orders are due
- Oct. 25 - Picture Retakes
- Oct. 31 - Halloween Parade at 1:30 pm
- Nov. 16 - No School - parent-teacher conferences
- Nov. 20 - Liberty Lightening Bolt 5K Run/Walk www.getmeregistered.com/libertylighteningbolt5k
It is the policy of the Iowa City Community School District not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, religion, creed, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity and socioeconomic status in its educational programs, activities, or employment practices. There is a grievance procedure for processing complaints of discrimination. If you have questions or a grievance related to this policy, please contact Kingsley Botchway II, Director of Equity, 1725 N. Dodge St., Iowa City, IA 52245, 319-688-1000, Botchway.Kingsley@iowacityschools.org.