Every Friday Note
August 20th, 2021
Academically, we had a great week in our classrooms. Our teachers have done a great job in hitting the ground running with instruction. This week I observed many different lessons. In Mrs. Glaze's 2nd grade religion class I saw a great discussion about the devil and how he tries to make us jealous. In several math classes, I saw the students learning and showing me their knowledge of place values and number forms. In 8th grade, they were having a very spirited talk about their first chapter book of the year, To Kill a Mockingbird. I saw high quality learning taking place in every room I was in this week. I am proud of our Rams.
This week took a bit of a turn, however, with the presence of Covid. In my message yesterday, I mentioned St. Roch. When I woke up this morning, I felt energized. I told the teachers this morning that in the sport of boxing, they would call yesterday a standing 8 count. We were hit hard. But God will always provide a way. At St. Lawrence, we are committed to your child's and your family's safety, as well as our own.
1. When dropping off or picking up students, please do not enter the parking lot from 46th Street. That is used as an exit and it will interfere with the flow of traffic. Please enter our school parking lots using the Shadeland Avenue entrances. Another thing to keep in mind is that dropping off your child after 7:45 AM will result in a tardy. Picking up a child prior to 3:10 PM is considered an unexcused absence. Please remember and follow the school rules in regards to these times.
2. Students may bring a water bottle to school to fill up at the filling stations. Due to Covid restrictions, our drinking fountains are turned off.
3. Parents, if you are being tested for Covid-19, we ask that you keep your child at home until you know your results are negative.
4. Be on the lookout for our new school uniform information coming in the next week.
5. If your child has not been picked up by 3:30 PM, they will be taken to the cafeteria for YMCA aftercare.
6. Chromebooks and other school issued technology distribution has begun. Please discuss with your child the importance of being responsible with their devices. We have done that at school, but we would appreciate you helping reinforcing our policies.
Meet the Teacher Night
The evening will be broken into three 20-25 minute sessions. This will allow you to visit multiple rooms that night.
See you there!