Miss Werner's Newsletter
May 6th, 2016
This week in Science we concluded our kindergarten plant experiment. All four kindergarten classes met to discuss the results from our experiment.
- Mrs. Mock's Class (water, sun) - The plant grew.
- Miss Werner's Class (no water, no sun) - The plant did not grow.
- Ms. Reddekopp's Class (with water, no sun) - The plant did not grow.
- Miss Mixon's Class (no water, no sun) - The plant did not grow.
This week we started working on our memory books! Each child is creating a book to help them remember all of the great memories they had in kindergarten. They are also writing a letter to each of their friends in the class. These memory books will go home after our end of the year celebration.
Questions to Ask Your Child
- What did you write about in your memory book this week?
- Have your child read a book to you and pick a character. What are the internal and external traits of your character?
- What habit did you work on at school this week?
- Go for a shape hunt in your community. Can you find 2D adn 3D shapes?