What's Going On In The World Of Shepherd Middle
Testing April 9, 10 and 11: STAAR Tests Tuesday and Wednesday
Top 10 Things to Do Before taking a Test!
1. Prepare Things the Night Before- whatever you need, have it packed the night before. No stress in the morning.
2. Wake Up Your Mind and Body- listen to music as you are getting ready...dance like no one is watching!
3. Wear Appropriate Attire- might be cold, might be hot. Be prepared for either- NO BLANKETS!
4. Eat a Smart Breakfast- The school has a great balanced breakfast! Be sure to eat. It takes 900 calories a day (at minimum) to have your brain work SMART!
5. Warm Up Your Brain- read something small and short; nothing test related.
6. Eat the snacks provided for you during testing
7. Allow Ample Time to Arrive- No late arrival today! Be on time early!
8. Use Positive Self-Talk- you know what to do, now believe you can do it!
9. Look at your notes at least 3 times before the day of the test- the more often you see your notes, the greater your memory.
10. Go to bed early the night before- Your body needs at least 7 hours of sleep to be at its best.