Enfield Head Start, Integrated Pre-K, PK STEAM Academy
June 2, 2023
Greetings SELC Families,
June is already off to a very busy start for our Eaglets! There are plants growing, water exploration is everywhere, and you can find students digging for dinosaur fossils in many classrooms!
END OF YEAR SCHEDULE AND UPDATES:
June 8th and 9th: End of Year Family Celebration: SEE BELOW FOR INFORMATION ON DATES AND TIMES!
June 14th and 15th are early release days for Eaglets *The last day for PM Integrated Pre-K students is June 13th
JUNE 15th IS THE OFFICIAL LAST DAY OF SCHOOL
As we prepare for the end of school year 2022-2023 in just a few weeks, we will be collecting student iPad’s for reimaging, cleaning, maintenance, inventory, and summer storage. PKers will turn their iPads in on Monday June 5th.
Let's continue to keep STOWE SAFE as we head into the last month of school! Use extreme caution when entering and exiting our parking lots at Stowe Early Learning Center. With over 300 Eaglets coming and going throughout the day, it is critical that everyone remain vigilant in keeping traffic flow safe.
JUST A REMINDER
- With warm weather upon us, be sure to send your Eaglet in (or with) sturdy playground shoes. Sandals are comfortable for the classroom, but can become a safety issue outside. Your child can always switch before heading outside and again after outdoor adventure.
SURVEY SAYS...PLEASE SHARE YOUR VOICE TO HELP EPS DEVELOP A STRATEGIC EQUITY PLAN!
Exciting Opportunity from the Office of Early Childhood!!!
Menu Week of 6/5/2023
Tis the season for TICKS
REMEMBER TO APPLY SUNSCREEN TO YOUR EAGLET BEFORE SENDING THEM TO SCHOOL!
WHAT SCHOOL WILL MY CHILD ATTEND FOR KINDERGARTEN?
May Nutrition Nuggets from Nurse Jen
YOU DON'T WANT TO MISS THIS!
SMILE! SPOTLIGHT ON ORAL HEALTH FROM NURSE JEN!
Community Resource Guide for Young Families-SPRING EDITION
Consumer Product Safety Commission Recalls---NO NEW RECALLS REPORTED THIS WEEK
Getting to Know Stowe! (I will keep this posted for a few weeks so you have it at your fingertips!)
Joining a new school community can sometimes feel like learning a new language as you acclimate to the procedures, environment, people, and lingo. See below to begin learning about all things Stowe:
- SELC=Stowe Early Learning Center
- SELC=our mascot (the eaglet featured above)
- FEO=Family Educator Organization
- ECDC=Enfield Child Development Center
- EPS=Enfield Public Schools
- FRC=Family Resource Center
- IPS=Integrated Pre-K
- HS=Head Start
- KITE=Key Initiatives to Early Education
- PKS=PK STEAM Academy
- Eaglets=all children taking part in any program at SELC
- Main Office=860-253-4741
- Head Start Family Support=860-253-4717
Our building is quite unique in that we house 4 PK programs, a Family Resource Center, and KITE.