The Challenger Dispatch
Nov. 4-Nov. 8, 2013 Week 2
Veteran's Day Assembly & Behavior
1. Teachers PLEASE LEAD your classes into the lunchroom. Be at the FRONT of your line as they come into the lunchroom.
2. Teachers LOOK for directions on where to sit from Mrs. Henson. Direct your students to that area, and make sure they are seated only in that area.
3. Students DO NOT sit in the aisle.
4. Actively supervise your students. Misbehaving students need to be removed or moved to your side.
5. Discuss appropriate behavior with students ahead of time - how to sit, how to keep hands to self, how to listen, how to applaud, how to follow your directions the first time given.
6. Wait for dismissal procedures.
I am looking forward to Challenger making an excellent impression for our important visitors, and anticipate an inspiring assembly.
Monday, Nov. 4th 2013 at 8am
Self Contained Classroom Teachers PRO Board Training
Wednesday, Nov. 6th 2013 at 8am
Wednesday, Nov. 6th 2013 at 2:45pm
Writing Prompt overview
Math Night Work
Veteran's Day Assembly
Thursday, Nov. 7th 2013 at 9-9:45am
School Wide Writing Prompt
Thursday, Nov. 7th 2013 at 11:30am
1. The prompt will be given out on Thursday morning
The prompt is timed. 30 minutes for k-2, and 45 minutes for 3-5
2. No prewriting
3. No brainstorming
4. No help with spelling
5. No help with punctuation
6. Write it cold
7. Papers need the student first & last name, date, and teacher name on them
8. Put in Belissa's box
No Place for Hate Assembly & Silly String Reward
Friday, Nov. 8th 2013 at 9am
The Track out front
We will form a circle to say the No Place for Hate Pledge.
After the pledge, we will get ready for the Silly String Assembly.
1/2 Day for Students
Monday, Nov. 4th 2013 at 11:30am
13555 Chaney Thompson Road Southeast
Lunches will begin at 10:15. Please use the schedule from the last 1/2 day.
Please make sure all parents are notified in your newsletters as well.
Professional Development Meetings - unwrapping the Standards
Friday, Nov. 8th 2013 at 1-3pm
Happy Birthday to YOU!
Natis Rambus 11/2
Lorri Seibert 11/19
When to Read?
Thank you for encouraging your students to READ in the morning before school. Working on IXL or reading should be the hallway activity before school.
On duty this week