Epping Elementary School
Olweus Bullying Prevention Events
- Class meetings to discuss issues, such as bullying, are held weekly.
- 5th graders presented skits illustrating our school rules about bullying in September at a school-wide assembly.
- Posters have been created with our school rules.
- Staff on the Olweus Committee participated in a "naughty" game of 4-Square. Students were able to watch the video and discuss what could have made the game better and involved everyone. A second "friendly" game will be videotaped.
- A logo contest will be kicked-off following spring break encouraging students to create a logo to go along with our bullying prevention efforts.
- After School Homework Club
- After School Adventure Based Club focusing on team building and cooperative games
- Epping Eagles for 5th grade students to implement school community service ideas. These students have worked as tutors, read to classes, participated in the MLK assembly and assisted in other small projects throughout the school.