May 8, 2022
Happy Sunday Harrington Families
I hope everyone had a nice weekend. Thank you everyone, especially our HPTO for the amazing week of Teacher recognition this past week. As always, our amazing HPTO went above and beyond in their efforts to show our communities appreciation for Harrington's amazing and dedicated staff. From me to you, "Thank you."
This week will be a busy week for out 3rd & 4th graders as they begin their Math MCAS assessments. Please ensure that your student(s) get a good nights sleep this week, as well as encouraging them to just do the best that they can, and that they can do it! My message to all of them everyday is a message of pride and awe, as I tell the how amazing they all are and recognize how hard they all work every single day.
May is a busy month of end of the year assessments for our students. It is this month that we will see the final amazing growth each of our students have made of another challenging year of school. It is hard to believe that in a few weeks we will be on our Summer vacations! This year has flown by.
As a standard message, your support at home is recognized, valued, and appreciated by not only us, but by your child(ren).
- Remind your child every day to be kind. We are all capable of being kind regardless of our individual differences. Promoting a kind environment is important throughout a child’s day both at school and at home.
- Communicate the importance of education to your children. Each child should find time to read at home every day for enjoyment. Engage in dialogue about your child’s school day by asking open-ended questions.
- Encourage play and physical activity. Limit television during the school week and keep your children away from electronics and social media for entertainment purposes.
- Focus your encouragement on the process of hard work and effort, rather than the end result. We want students to learn to work hard and try their best always.
- Establish good routines at home that involve a consistent bedtime. A well-rested child is a happier, more successful child.
- We are a team and partners in your child’s success here at school. Communicate with us often.
Once again, remember to…"Push through your day, Smile, Be Happy, Stay Positive!"
Be safe! Stay well!
Rob & Karen
Let's Stay Connected!
First Annual Harrington S.T.E.A.M. Fair!
Please review the attached document and sign up using the link: https://forms.gle/A4jK4bavHhv8S6Ez8. A video overview can be watched here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bLkr0YLaAkI . Please contact email@example.com or HPTO with any questions.
From Nurse Shevaun
I would like to remind all parents about our nut-free snack policy at school. Please send your student with nut-free snacks to ensure a safe environment for all our students.
At lunch time, students with allergies can sit at designated allergy tables if needed. In classrooms during snack time however, that is not always possible. To reduce the risk of exposure, the classrooms must remain nut free.
Your support in this matter is greatly appreciated! As always, please call or email me with any questions or concerns.
Take care and stay well,
Shevaun Assini, BSN, RN
Harrington School Nurse
Here's a snapshot of activities:
Readathon: Congratulations Harrington students!!! You successfully completed your reading challenge. Readathon donation envelopes are due on Monday, May 2nd. Readathon prizes will be sent home the week of May 23rd. The Grand Prize Winner will be announced at the end of next week.
Our next HPTO Meeting will be on Wednesday, June 1st, at 6:30 in the Harrington Library. We hope to see you all there.
As always, thank you for your continued support!