World War II
- Participation in classroom discussions.
- Reflections on daily lessons.
- Write journal entries from perspective of a Jewish person, a person living in US during WWII, and a Japanese civilian during the atomic bombs.
- Vocabulary quiz.
- Interview questions for WWII veteran.
- Create propaganda poster or write a 30 second WWII ad.
- Achievement Test
- Live Narrated Timeline
Ways to Include WWII in ELA:
- Read aloud "Number the Stars," and students write daily reflection.
- Students will recite President Roosevelt's speech.
- Students will do a daily grammar exercise editing sentences about WWII.
- Multiple instructional strategies: videos, textbook & related readings, speech, talk with a WWII veteran.