SMORE for YOUR classroom
Create digital flyers, presentations, posters, and more!
Introduce yourself and let me know what you hope to walk away with today.
VARIOUS USES FOR SMORE
Flyers, Agendas, and Assignments
Class Newsletter and Parent Communication
Teacher and Student Presentations
Exemplar Smores Explained
The STEM Academy at Northwest High School used Smore to create and distribute their newsletter. For this assignment, their Smore newsletter acted as the students' assessment and their final product. This is a great way for the students to both employ technology and connect to a global audience. Using Google Analytics, creators can easily see and monitor visits to their flyer. As a teacher this is a great way to monitor how many of your students and parents are engaging with your newsletter.
The number of educators using Smore to share out information, specifically numerous technological resources, is growing. Through the Smore website, you can find others' flyers and can add a plethora of resources to your teacher toolkit.
List of Features:
- Easy to Use: With predetermined features, Smore makes it so easy to simply click on the '+' button and select the format that works for your purposes. Once you've input those features, they are easy to edit and to reorganize or redesign.
- Variety in Formats: Smore allows you to put titles and text, photos and galleries, buttons and hyperlinks, videos and audio, forms and comments, maps and events, and biographies all in one place.
- Sharing and Links: Not only can you send your Smore to an email list you've imported, but it always provides you with a short URL so that you can quickly tell students to hop on your publication!
- HTML5 Capabilities: This means that anyone can pull up your Smore on their iPhone or other devices and it will remain intact and well formatted.
- Free Google Analytics: This allows you to monitor how many people are seeing your publications, where they are in the world, and how people are accessing your publications.
Click the button above to go to a PADLET where you can share your SMORE with others. Feel free to add any comments you may have as well! To comment on the PADLET, just double-click anywhere on the page.
RESOURCES FOR SMORE:
OTHER RESOURCES FOR FLYERS, POSTERS, and NEWSLETTERS
Weebly uses the same "drag and drop", minimalist approach as Smore, but allows you to create an entire website. This website also allows for more customized outcomes, such as columns, photo captions, and multiple pages.
STEM Newsletter Weebly Site
Piktochart allows you to make reports, infographics, banners, flyers, posters and presentations with ease. This is the ideal tool for trying to present data and numbers using images.
Inforgraphics and Posters
This is a Piktochart that I found on their website that illustrates the common uses of the Apostrophe. It's simplistic, well-designed, and informative.