ABRIDGED vol. 6 In the LOOP
I listened to your feedback & shortened the LOOP
BOO-TIFUL STAFF SHOUT-OUTS!
Thank you MEAGEN GRANBERRY, MONICA HOUSE, SANDRA KEHR, VANESSA PRECIOUS, TRACEY WALTZ, & MARY JO PERKOVICH, BARB OZMINKOWSKI, LORI PAYTON, MARY BEAL, MELISSA MOORE & ADINA KANNER for splashing and dashing with our students and community,
Big Shout-out to KAYLA BRYNN/CRAFT for taking such good care of our 2nd grade students in the absence of Mrs. Ilacqua. Welcome Back Mrs. Ilacqua!
Thank you KARRIE MARTIN for taking the most beautiful photos at the Splash and Dash. You captured such poignant emotions.
Many more shout-outs coming next week!
Who would you like to recognize? Send me your Shout-outs to share!
13th Advisory Council Meeting - planning for Oct. 20th
13th Hungry Howie’s Night
13th Small open house for Lane/Culley’s class 6:30 - 7:30
14th CITA Meeting - Michelle @ ESC 1:00 - 3:00
14th Planning Professional Learning - Formative Assessment with Les Brown 4:00 - 6:30
15th SIPP Support Team Meeting 9:15 -11:30
15th Free Food Give-away at the WL Missionary Church 3:00-6:00
16th Buster the Bus Assemblies in Cafeteria
Kindergarten 9:30 - 10:15
First & Second grade 10:15 - 11:00
16th Teacher of the YEAR nomination forms due
19th BLOCK times change (30 minutes inside & 30 minutes outside)
20th Staff Meeting & 1 hour PLC 4:15 - 6:30
21st Leadership Meeting - Michelle @ ESC 7:30 - 10:30 AM
22nd SIPP AM sign-up 9:15 - 12:10
Berkley schools visit 5th grade BYOD 10:00ish
22nd Geisler 6th - 8th grade concert at WLW HS
23rd Shelter in Place/Lockdown Drill 9:15am
23rd & 24th Central High School Homecoming game and dance
MESSAGES FROM MICHELLE
- Take the time to nominate a fellow colleague for Teacher of the Year
- Bells are ringing inside - still trying to fix
- Please be on time to pick up your students from lunch, recess & FAPES. Even one minute late is disruptive. Depending on your grade level; you walk should be walking students out to recess, or you meet them at the recess doors. Grades 3, 4, & 5 should arrive 2-3 minutes early in the cafeteria to assist with students. Grades K, 1 & 2 should be assisting their students in the lunch line. If you are running late, ask a colleague to help out and call the office. I totally understand things happen and willing to help out.
- Parent working as a substitutes - as you know substitutes are difficult to obtain in all departments. You can rest assured that I have spoken to them about professionalism and confidentiality. See me if you have any concerns.
- October 19th BLOCK times change - 30 minutes inside & 30 minutes outside - please plan with your grade level teams and confirm with playground para-professionals
- Clothing Sale every other year - I will store items for you
- RED WINGS game on January 17th - Sunday before Martin Luther King Jr. Day. This is a PTA community event - more details coming soon
- PTA - full time $150.00 stipend
- PTA - SW, Speech, Interventionist $75.00 stipend
- PTA - $150.00 per classroom to offset field trip expenses
- Working on a new format for daily announcements
HOW WE DO BUSINESS AT GUEST - Innovation & development; progressive, enlightened, best practices, dynamic, pushing, bold, enterprising, ambitious, pioneering, modern, positive, reforming, radical
What are you passionate about? What commitments have you made? What do you look forward to every morning? What do you need to change?
PARENT-TEACHER CONFERENCES ONLINE SIGN-UP for PARENTS OPENED TODAY
See LOOP vol. 5 for all information and directionsADDITIONAL INFORMATION to REMEMBER:
- A PDF Document with directions is included in the body of the email.
- Art, P.E., Music, & Media Teachers will not use the online process. Instead, they will directly contact families.
- Mrs. Lane & Mrs. Culley's classroom, you will register under Mrs. Lane's name. The system does not allow both teachers to be listed
- ELL, Intervention, and Special Education staff will coordinate schedules with your child's teacher.
- Math Grade-skipped students will have to contact the teacher directly and then the teacher has to contact Davida to secure the time slot
PARENT-TEACHER CONFERENCES ONLINE REGISTRATION for STAFF
Before that time, please fill in the time slots for your ELL families (attached)
FOXBRIGHT STEPS 1 & 2 TO COMPLETE ALL GUEST STAFF MEMBERS
The new website is HERE. As stated before, we will take baby steps to complete what is necessary.
Send me the link(s) to your updated blog, website, Twitter handle, Weebly; whatever it is you are using... You may have more than one means of communication. I will have link(s) connected to your name on the staff directory on the new website.
STEP TWO: Due end of October:
Complete your profile. This GOOGLE Doc is helpful and then I will connect them to your name on the staff page.
SHARE WITH FAMILIES
Parent - Teacher Conferences - feel free to use the same message I am sending.
PTA and School Website is packed with information to stay connected. New links for our website: http://wlcsd.org/schools/elementary/mary-helen-guest/
& shorter link: http://wlcsd.org/guest
TECHNOLOGY - MESSAGE FROM CENTRAL OFFICE
Important Reminders -
- Do not purchase any cables, adapters, and accessories to attach to the new technology.
- Ensure your whiteboard now has barrier free accessibility
- The interactive projector is not intended to just "display" information in isolation, but to also allow students to interact with the content.
- Phones MUST NOT be removed and relocated from rooms.