News from the Principal's Office
A&M Consolidated High School
Reflections from the week of 4-25-16
Our students are making their final push as they have been preparing for their upcoming state assessments and AP tests which begin next week. Thank you teachers for integrated engaging activities to make learning stick. I am confident that our students are well prepared and will be successful.
Last week, several teachers, administrators, and I participated in the last school sponsored activities for our seniors: Senior Wellness, Prom and After Prom Bash, and Hall of Fame banquet which honors selected seniors. Over the last four years, you have imparted your wisdom and helped shape our seniors into the young adults they have become. There is no doubt that our students are special and their leadership has been impeccable.
As you yearn for summer break, do not let up! Though each day brings new challenges, you will make it through. Continue to put your best foot forward and push your way through the rest of the year.
You are difference maker and you matter at AMCHS!
- Electronically sign all evaluation documents in Eduphoria
- Absences should be recorded in AESOP as soon as possible
- Keep your grades updated and contact parents of struggling learners
- UIL lists are due to Kendra Lundy 48 hours prior to the scheduled event
- Students who arrive to class must have an admit, a tardy ticket, or a pass
- Monitor students in the halls and inbetween each passing period
- Pick up Success Time passes before Success
- Success Time teachers should not write passes for students during Success
- Report to your scheduled 504/SPED meetings when invited
- Students who arrive late to ISS or who are absent will be required to makeup their missed time
- During Success Time, students should NOT be in the halls after the 11:08 a.m. bell
- Please park in your assigned parking spot
- T-TESS Rubric --2016-2017 evaluation instrument for teachers
5/2-5/12 AP testing (Students who have signed up and paid for an AP exam)
5/2 Progress report grades due by 4:00pm
5/3 Algebra 1, US History EOC testing
5/ 4 Biology EOC testing
5/5 Make Up EOC testing
5/5 Faculty meeting--breakfast will be provided
5/12 Tiger Awards at 9am
5/13 WIT vs. FIT Improve Show at 7pm
5/14 Warped Improv Troupe Shoe at 7pm
5/17 Senior Salute at 9am
5/17 Retirement Reception at 4:00pm
5/18 SAT Writing workshop (current juniors only)
5/19 Faculty meeting--Service Awards
5/19 PTO Appreciation Luncheon
5/27 Graduation at 7:00pm (Reed Arena)
***All professional staff must attend***
5/28 Staff Development
2016 Senior Wellness at Camp Tejas
2016 Prom Memories
A&M Consolidated High School Yearbook earned a Best recognition in which Balfour honors fewer than one percent of yearbook staffs with this distinction.
Thank you for participating in the Clash of the Classes Food Drive 2016
A&M Consolidated High School
To Educate the Hearts and Minds of Students for Life.
AMCHS is dedicated to educating and empowering students to become confident, resourceful, lifelong learners who are prepared for challenges beyond high school. Students of AMCHS will know the value of giving more than they take, will be responsible for their own actions, and will know that they are an important part of our school community.