Renewable Energy Presentation
By: Niku Tabatabai, Francisco Rodriguez, and Christian Clark
A Global Problem
National Geographic Documentary
- A main argument of this documentary is that the planet has been suffering through many environmental problems and a solution must be found.
- The key solution to these problems is 100% renewable energy.
- There are many forms of renewable energy (Ex: solar) and there is at least one that works in most types of environments and climates.
- This documentary educates viewers on the different types of renewable energy.
- Overall, this documentary is about the different types of renewable energy that would serve as a solution to all the negative effects fossil fuels have had on the environment, such as pollution.
- The main arguments of this source are that a large percent of new energy comes from renewable energy and that the future for the children can be great if there is a shift towards the complete use of renewable energy.
- Shows readers that we can have healthier communities and a livable future for the kids growing up today if we transform the way we produce and consume energy.
- Includes the current statistics on the use of renewable energy, current trend of energy uses, and how the 2016 has been an important year for the renewable energy source movement.
- Uses mainly logos with some pathos
- Focused on the implementation and continuation of plans regulating emissions of pollution through alternative energy sources that are not clean.
- Provides statistics as evidence as well as examples, such as the Clean Car Program, various technology use standards to help the environment, aid the movements to clean, and renewable energy.
- Similar to the documentary because the video presents aspects of the movement such as new developing technology to be used or new regulations and federal standards to limit the use of non-renewable energy.
- Presents the idea that all levels of government should be participating in building existing momentum to use energy more efficiently, increase production of energy from renewable sources, and favor the scaling back of the use of unclean energy sources with negative effects on the environment.
- Uses logos and ethos
Analysis of fossil fuels and how negatively they are affecting our environment.
Goes into depth about the benefits of renewable energy and how we, as a nation, can implement them into all forms of civilization.
Provides analysis of harmful emissions and how they stack up to various other renewable energy sources.
Goes in depth about why fossil fuels need to stop being used and how the various types of renewable energy will affect our environment positively.
Provides a 40 year plan on how we as a nation can fully switch over to renewable energy.
Pollution can reduced by over 75% within the first few months of using 100% renewable energy.
- "Renewable Energy 2014 Science National Geographic Documentary Discovery Channel Full New." YouTube. YouTube, 2015. Web. 16 May 2016.
- GO100PERCENT. "ElonMusk - Thoughts on Transitioning to 100% Renewable Energy." YouTube. YouTube, 04 Dec. 2011. Web. 26 May 2016.
- Sargent, Rob. "Not Quite 100% Renewable, But Close." Environment America.Web. 16 May 2016.
- Bogart, Bill. "Get Your Kids Away From the TV and Outside To Play." The Huffington Post., 26 May 2014. Web. 26 May 2016.
- "Moving America Forward." Environment Texas. Environment Texas Research and Policy Center, 13 Mar. 2013. Web. 16 May 2016.
- "Social,Economic,and Environmental Impacts of Renewable Energy." Sciencedirect. Sciencedirect,Web. 16 May 2016.
- "Energy Update: An Environmental Engineer’s 2030 Forecast." 21st Century Tech Blog RSS., 16 May 2013. Web. 26 May 2016.