March 14, 2019
Roosevelt Weekly Parent Info
Hello Roosevelt families! A few brief reminders for the week--thanks for taking the time to stay in the know:
• SAFETY: There continue to be big safety concerns during drop-off and pick-up time. Please, please, please remember to NOT park in crosswalks and do NOT double park. Please make sure students are safely crossing the street to get to you if they have to cross the street. Common sense and patience go a long way in helping to keep students safe. Your help and attention with this is needed and appreciated!
• Roosevelt Music Concert: Students are working furiously in preparation for this year's concert. Please mark your calendar...March 21, 2019. Each group will perform twice:
K-2 will perform at 8:30 and again at 12:15
3-5 will perform at 10:00 and again at 1:30
Please join us for one or both of these concerts. Coffee and bars will be served to parents in the Art Room in between the morning concerts (at about 9:15) and again in between the afternoon concerts (at about 1:00).
• Schedule Changes: By now you have likely heard that District 77 has made some changes to the calendar due to snow days. The scheduled late starts on March 12, April 9, and May 14 will not occur, and we will be IN school on Monday, April 22. Your flexibility and understanding of this change is appreciated!
• Order the 2018-19 Roosevelt Yearbook using this link. Yearbook ID: 368671or look up by state and city of Mankato. Order By: Thursday, March 21st. 5th graders get a free yearbook!!! If they want the add-on, they should pay by cash or check once the flyers/envelopes come home (which will be soon). Make sure they indicate their grade on their paperwork.
• Rocky Time: Today we kicked off the theme of JOY! We held our monthly celebration during this week's Rocky Time, and we got to hear from the Mankato West Robotics team.
• Winter Gear Donations: As our long winter comes to an end and spring break provides an opportunity for spring cleaning, please consider donating any winter clothes to our school district. Donations of boots, snowpants, hats, mittens/gloves, and jackets are always welcome and appreciated by many of our Raccoon families.
Kudos to these Raccoons for reading having their bookmarks pulled this month. We even had two brothers who won this time! Keep reading, Raccoons!!!!
Vex Robotics Students March Celebration Speakers
Two Vex Robotics students from Mankato West came over to demonstrate the robots they built and to share with students how much JOY this type of work brings them! Thank you for sharing your excitement with us, and for opening up possibilities for students!
Today, Mrs. Rux and Mrs. Simpson hosted a "Book Tasting" event to expose students to new and exciting books that they might want to read. Readers are leaders, Raccoons!!!