Week of August 22nd 2023
Week of September 18, 2023
School Attendance Lines Open 24/7:
When calling in an absence, a reason must be given. We are required to track illness trends in all schools as part of surveillance for local public health. Link to Student Handbook
- Miller: 630-468-8391
- Manning: 630-468-8041
🤍 Please READ: Letter from Nurses
Failure to submit will result in exclusion from school, particularly missing vaccinations.
New Sign In at School Buildings--BRING ID!
Part of keeping our students safe is knowing who is in the building at all times. We are implementing a new visitor management system Verkada Guest that screens guests against registered sex offender lists and various criminal databases to manage access to schools and facilities. When community members visit Manning, Miller, WJHS, and WHS they'll notice an iPad outside the entrance.
Visitors will use either the iPad Kiosk at the school entrance or a QR code with their mobile phone to sign in. They will follow the prompts to complete the quick process and the school secretary will be notified.
To enter the building, visitors must have either a US driver's license or state ID. If they do not have a US driver's license or state ID, they are directed to get in touch with the school office in advance of their visit.
Verkada maintains the privacy of the data collected during this process.
- No imagery is used from Verkada Cameras or the Verkada Guest kiosk to do biometrics searches within the third-party database.
- The search results are not shared with any other third parties or across customers.
- All communications to the system are fully encrypted when in transit and rest.
Updated Days on Thursday and Friday
Free Health Clinic
🚌 Bus Bulletin Sign Up
CUSD 201 Families,
In efforts to improve transportation communication, families are able to sign up to receive text messages or phone calls to notify parents and students when there are bus delays and schedule changes.
If you would like to receive instant notifications when delays or incidents affect your student’s bus, please register with Bus Bulletin.
- There is no cost for this service
- Registration is simple and fast
- You can choose to receive text messages or phone calls
- All contact information is stored securely and will not be shared or sold – your privacy is protected.
For more information or to sign-up and start receiving notifications, please visit:
More exciting news, the District will be implementing a bus tracking phone application. This would allow parents and students to visually see how far their bus is. This application should be live in a couple weeks and communication will be sent to parents at a later date.
😊 Miller 😊
First Grade: Bricks 4 Kidz
💹 We appreciate your help and support with the following:
Students are not allowed to bring in food/candy of any kind to share with their classrooms for Birthdays, during Classroom Parties, etc.
New Delivery Box at Miller!
While we hope our Mustangs remember all their items everyday, sometimes things happen. We are implementing a *Delivery Box* system at Miller for anything you need to drop off for your student. You'll find it located in our vestibule. You'll write your student's FULL name on a note and leave their item in the bin. We will get your child's item to them. (Water bottle, coat, lunch, snack, etc.)
Thank you for helping us streamline entry/exit and our busy Mustang days! 😊
Miller Office: 630-468-8300
😊 Manning 😊
Manning: Friendly Reminders
- Any tardy students must be signed in at the front office by an adult 🙂
- If your student is going to be late and will need lunch please call the front office before 9am
- Changes for dismissal must be made by 1:30 PM (12:30 PM on Wednesdays)