Erle Stanley Gardner Middle School
Transition to In-person Learning
Principal's Welcome Video
BEFORE SENDING CHILD TO SCHOOL
DAILY AT-HOME STUDENT CHECKLIST
- Check students temperature (Must be under 100 degrees) without the aid of fever-reducing medicine
- Bring student mask/face covering
- Bring student personal refillable water bottle
- Bring student district-issued or personal iPad, Chromebook, or other compatible learning devices
- Bring student assigned instructional materials
- Have students eat a healthy breakfast.
STUDENT ARRIVAL/ENTRY - See Map Below
All gates are open (see green stars on map below).
In an effort to spread out as much as possible and reduce the traffic at any one gate, GMS will open all gates to allow access to school in the morning. We also ask, that students select and use the gate that is closest to the first class they will attend in the morning. There will not be access to campus through the administration office. Please see the map below to best select the gate to use in the morning.
No parents on campus unless a prior meeting has been arranged.
Parents must enter through the front office for health screening and to sign-in.
For students with transportation services, the bus will enter campus and stop in the Loma Linda bus loop. Aides and teachers meet students in specialized classes at the gates at the bus loop and perform screening on the student before the student enters campus.
GMS Drop Off/Pick Up (Gates indicated on map by green stars)
LEAVING CAMPUS - PICK-UP PROCEDURES
STUDENT DISMISSAL - See Map Above
All gates are open.
Similar to the arrival to school, students will be allowed to exit through all of our gates. This is similar to what they are used to at the end of the school day. We ask that you coordinate with your child(ren) to exit through the gate nearest to their last period of the day. Please see the map below to best select the gate to use in the afternoon.
For students with transportation services, aides and teachers accompany students to the bus loop on Loma Linda to board the bus or meet parents.
LUNCH AND NUTRITION
GRAB AND GO MEALS
- Student meals will be available for distribution for TVUSD students every Monday at all six TVUSD middle schools.
- Parents can pick up 7-day meal packs between 11 a.m. and 1 p.m.
Meal kits provided on Mondays will contain 7 lunches, 7 breakfasts, and enough fruits, vegetables, milk & juice for one complete week.
- TVUSD enrolled students do not have to be present. Parents can bring printout proof of enrollment from the Infinite Campus portal.
- Non-enrolled siblings under 18 years of age of enrolled TVUSD students may also receive meals. Non-enrolled siblings must be present.
Nutrition Break while at school
Please plan to have your child bring their snack for our regularly scheduled Nutrition Break at 9:35am.
A limited number of menu items will be available. However, it is best to bring your own snack as lines may be long. There will be two windows serving during this 10-minute period.
SIGNAGE AND SITE WALKING PATTERNS
Arrows for directional walking in hallways and throughout the interior of campus will facilitate physical distancing.
Hand sanitizing and hand washing stations will be accessible.
GMS is committed to having clean and safe facilities available for students when needed. In an effort to decrease the impact during passing periods, teachers are encouraged to allow students to use the restroom during instructional time. Restrooms will be inspected for cleanliness throughout the day.
Soap, hand sanitizers, and paper towels will be available.
Handwashing and physical distancing signs will be displayed.
HEALTH OFFICE AND TRANSITION ROOM SPACES
Transition Room: Students who are ill will be evaluated in the Administrative building's Conference Room.
Routine Medical Needs: Students who take daily medication, need bandaids, etc. will receive medical attention in the health office/front office.
GMS Health Tech has a plan in place that gives staff the information they need in the event that a student is ill.
Students who are not feeling well should inform their teacher, who will contact the Health Tech.
Health Tech will contact parents if necessary.
- Cleaning of frequently touched surfaces will be completed by all staff, frequently, and, as needed.
Classrooms and mutual spaces will be disinfected nightly by custodians with an electrostatic sprayer.
Please click the link below for Student Technical Support and Login Assistance: https://ca02208611.schoolwires.net/Page/28039
GMS counselors will continue to be available to students. Every effort will be made to schedule appointments outside of class time.If students do need to see a counselor during class, they will meet with the student outside when possible. Otherwise, counselors will continue to use Google Meet with students and parents in the afternoons and also on the days when they are virtual.
Physical Education- PE
Students who are in-person will be expected to fully participate in class. PE teachers are prepared to facilitate PE instruction as well as follow specific safety and cleaning protocols.
- IEP meetings will continue to be virtual
- Student assessments will continue to take place on campus. Rooms will be cleaned and disinfected after each use.
- If you have questions about your child, please reach out to your child's case carrier.