April 13 - 17
Together We: Learn, Grow, Lead
Hi Grange Hall Families,
Looking for our bulldogs to join us for a Virtual GHES dance party! Take a video of you and your family's dance moves and drop it into the Google folder below:
GHES Morning Announcements - Every morning at 8:45 am beginning April 14.
- GHES Youtube channel - please subscribe to our channel
- GHES Facebook page - "like" our page to stay updated
GHES Engages in Virtual Learning:
- We will be providing new learning opportunities on Tuesday, April 14. In an effort to reduce the number of emails parents receive, we are asking you to go directly to our GHES Learning Resources site. Most teachers have activities posted on Canvas and/or Google classroom. All assignments will be posted and communicated through the GHES Learning Resources site. Teachers will still send a weekly email to communicate their online learning discussion schedule or if there are individual messages for students' families.
- Beginning Tuesday, April 14, daily office hours for GHES teachers are 9:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. These hours provide a consistent time (Monday - Friday) that students and parents can reach out to ask questions and share information.
- For families that require paper packets, you may pick up these materials at GHES on Tuesday, April 14 between 8:30 am - 1:00 p.m.
Preregistration for kindergarten is available online. This will shorten a family’s visit to school on the actual registration day. Click here to learn more: https://mychesterfieldschools.com/family-and-community-engagement/preparing-for-school/student-registration/kindergarten-registration/.
Chesterfield Food Bank opportunities: The Chesterfield Food Bank will be providing breakfast/lunch items to children. Items will be available for pickup on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 4-6:30 p.m. at the Chester location at 12211 Iron Bridge Road. Distribution begins on Tuesday, March 17. This will be a drive-through distribution, eliminating the need for clients to leave their vehicles. The food will be distributed in the parking lot directly to each vehicle. Friday distributions at the Chester location will continue and start at 4 p.m. Saturday distributions will continue at the normal school locations. Food will be distributed in the parking lot, allowing families to drive through for pickup.The Chesterfield Food Bank is looking for volunteers, as well. To learn more, visit https://www.chesterfieldfoodbank.org/.
First Saturday of the month: Hopkins Elementary
Second Saturday of the month: Davis Elementary
Third Saturday of the month: Ettrick Elementary
Fourth Saturday of the month: Chalkley Elementary
Chesterfield County Public Schools has developed a plan to provide support for school division-issued Chromebooks during this extended school closure: Every Tuesday at Thomas Dale and Matoaca high schools from 9 a.m. until noon. Every Thursday at CTC@Hull and Robious Middle from 1-4 p.m. A parent and/or student will need to provide their student ID number in order to adjust the school division’s inventory records. Support is limited to students in grades 5-12, who already are participating in the Chromebook take-home program. Appropriate social distancing protocol will be followed to protect students and staff. For clarification purposes: While the CCPS Internet network is available to families while in the parking lot, the school division is not giving out free hotspot devices at these repair stations.
VA TV Classroom:
Our State Superintendent, Dr. Lane, has announced the launch of “VA TV Classroom” by Virginia Public TV Stations. Blue Ridge PBS, VPM, WETA and WHRO Public Media worked closely with the Virginia Department of Education to create “VA TV Classroom” to provide instruction to students in grades K-10 who are unable to access other distance learning options due to a lack of high-speed internet. “VA TV Classroom” will air instructional content from 1-3 p.m, Monday through Friday.
The “VA TV Classroom” on-air schedule is as follows:
K-3 instruction airs from 1-2 p.m. with Standards of Learning-aligned content provided by WHRO Public Media. “Learn to Grow with WHRO” segments will be 15 minutes in length and led by teachers.
Grades 7-10 instruction airs from 2-3 p.m. with SOL-aligned content provided by WHRO Public Media focusing on Earth Science and Algebra 1.
During the week of April 27, “VA TV Classroom” will add a special hour from 3-4 p.m. called “AP Prep Week,” with content provided by Virtual Virginia — in collaboration with WHRO — focusing on a different AP subject each day. The hour will include two 30-minute segments.
Principal & Lead Learner
We hope everyone had enjoyed something fun while you were on spring break this week. With Easter Sunday, and life different we encourage you to still make Sunday special for you and your family.
If there are any and suggestions on how PTA can be of support please email Amiee Barker at email@example.com.
You should give yourself a pat on the back or hug yourself. Look how many days you have come so far. You are AWESOME!
Here is what's coming up for April.
Thursday, April 23rd @6pm-
General PTA Meeting.
*We are voting in our new officers. We also want to vote on some funds for the fund run.
That means we need You. We need to establish a quorum ( 10 members) to vote.* This will be through Zoom. A link will be sent out.
Yearbooks- We are busy working on yearbooks. Please submit pictures to this link.
- Hey Bulldog Family! We want to include what will be a huge part of history in our yearbook for the 2019-2020 year. We are looking for photos of our bulldogs holding up a sign with what they miss most about school and also pictures of you doing your schoolwork at home! We look forward to seeing the pictures that come in. Here is the link: http://www.hjeshare.com/eShare/?code=GHES
Donors Choose Projects @ GHES
Are you or do you know someone who is looking for a way to help out our students? Check out the donors choose projects that our teachers and students would like to bring to GHES: