Gateway to the Smokies
Where We Are
We are located in the Mountain region of North Carolina, right on the Tennessee border. Counties surrounding us include Sevier County (North), Haywood County (East), Jackson County (Southeast), Macon County (South), Graham County (Southwest), and Blount County (Northwest). Some natural landmarks in the area include the Great Smoky Mountains and Clingmans Dome. Other tourist attractions include visiting Cherokee to go to the casino and to meet Native Americans, and to go rafting on the Nantahala River.
- On our County Board of Commissioners, we have seven members.
- Our County Manager is Kevin S. King.
- Our County Seat is Bryson City.
- There are four members on the city council of Bryson City.
- Currently, our position for the city manager is open, and we are looking to hire!
- The Mayor of Bryson City is Tom Sutton.
What to Do in Bryson City
Bryson City is known for being near the Great Smoky Mountains, and for its outdoor activities, including kayaking, rafting, tubing, biking, hiking, zip-lining, and fishing. Be sure to check out camping as well!
Be sure to check out zip-lining over the Nantahala Gorge if you come through the area!
Not only is Nantahala River for rafting, and kayaking, but you can also tube down it!
If you don't want to stay in a hotel, you can always camp out on one of our campgrounds!